Don't Get Down On Yourself

Imagine....

"Are you nervous?" I asked Niall as we made our way to the Staples center for the last show of the American tour. "A little. I'm gutted too. It seems like this leg just started yesterday," he said playing with my fingertips. "Everything will turn out okay. You'll be back in the states for Where We Are before you know it," I reassured him. "But look on the bright side. You get some time off. That means we can go back home and you get to see Theo and we can just relax." He put his arm around my shoulder, pulled me close, and kissed my temple. "That's what I can't stop thinking about. I cannot wait to finally have some down time so I can spend it with you and the rest of my family," he whispered as he rested his head against mine. I kissed his cheek and rested my head on his shoulder.

I decided to stay at home for the majority of this tour. I took care of the house and helped Denise with Theo from time to time. It finally came to the point where I had to see Niall. So, being the wonderful boyfriend he is, he flew me out to LA so I could stay with him for the remainder of the American leg of the tour. The only things that were standing in the way of Niall coming home with me was this last show in LA and the TCAs. To be honest, I was ready for it all to be over with so I could finally have Niall back at home for a couple of weeks.

We arrived at the Staples arena and met up with the boys. We joked around and had a lot of fun. Ashton, Calum, Luke, and Michael joined us and helped Louis, Niall, and I play pranks on Zayn, Harry, and Liam. I really wish I could have flown out sooner because these boys were a blast to hang out with.

It was time for sound check and as the boys got ready, more and more people began to show up. Karen, Liam's mom, had flown in to see the last show, along with Eleanor. I was excited that I wasn't the only girl anymore. After sound check, Niall and I went into the dressing room to hang out before the show. He made a cup of lemon and ginger tea and gargled it. "You are so gross," I laughed. "What? It's suppose to help my throat," he smirked. "Yeah when you drink it. The gargling is completely unnecessary." He sat beside me and crossed his legs as he brought the tea cup to his lips and raised his pinky. "Is this better? Is it okay to drink it like this?" He said in a British accent. "You are such a weirdo," I laughed watching him try to act like a gentlemen. "But that is simply why you adore me so," he continued with his British accent. "Okay stop. I want my tea gargling, nonsense talking, Irish boyfriend back." Niall smiled and placed his teacup on the coffee table. "Then come ere ye wee little lass and give this lad some lovin'," he chuckled in the thickest Irish accent imaginable. I bursted out laughing as I jumped into his lap and kissed him. We started to make out until there was a knock on the door. I threw my head back and sighed. "Come in," Niall groaned. "Hey Niall, Lou needs to fix-- Oh. Was I interrupting something?" Harry asked with a cheeky grin on his face. "Nah. We were discussing current events," Niall said trying to keep a serious face. "Ah. Well then. Lou needs to see you. It's almost time," Harry said before backing out of the dressing room. "Alright," Niall called out, "You wanna come with me?" "Sure," I said getting off of Niall's lap.

We walked down the hall and into the room where Lou was doing the boys' hair. Louis was sitting in the chair while Lou was working on his quiff. Eleanor was sitting on the couch so I decided to join her and chat. Niall walked over and sat in the chair next to Louis and talked as he waited for his turn.

So all the boys' hair was perfect and it was show time. Eleanor and I watched as 5 Seconds of Summer finished their set and exited the stage. Niall and Louis approached us. "Are you going to watch from here?" Niall asked. "Actually, we were wanting to watch from the audience. We want to get the full effect of a One Direction show," I replied. "Are you sure? The fans may not be so nice," Louis said. "We'll be fine. We're big girls," El giggled. "Whatever you want. We'll get someone to escort you." Niall walked over and instructed a security officer to escort us to our seats in the front row. The arena was packed. It was so loud and the show hadn't even started. Louis was right about the fans. We heard some "Niall would be happier with me" or "Louis can do so much better." El and I just flashed them a smile and waved. It's better not to respond no matter how much you want to throw it back at them.

The show was getting ready to start. The lights were out and the music was blasting. The boys popped out from below the stage and the crowd went crazy. This was way different from watching it backstage or in the dressing room. I felt like a true fan. El and I were dancing around like a couple of morons. Niall saw us and couldn't help but laugh. Every now and again, he'd flash me a smile.

The show was going great. It was finally time for my favorite song, Little Things. The boys took their places on the stairs and began to sing. Niall had his guitar and he was playing the chords perfectly. I absolutely could not wait for his solo. Right before he began to sing his part, he looked at me and winked. I smiled and blew him a kiss. He went to begin his solo and his voice cracked on the first word. I could tell he was embarrassed by the way he shook his head and closed his eyes as he finished. "Bless his heart," Eleanor muttered. When he finished his solo, he looked at me and shook his head. I'd never seen that expression on his face before. I shook my head and mouthed "don't worry about it." He continued the song and seemed to shake it off.

The show ended and I was anxious to see Niall. A security guard escorted Eleanor and I backstage. We went to the dressing room to try and find our boyfriends. All of the boys were in Harry's dressing room coming down from their last show hype. I went around and congratulated all of them. Niall was sitting on the couch in a daze. I sat down beside him and rubbed his knee. "You did amazing, Niall." He looked at me and shook his head. "My voice cracked," he whispered. "I know but you still did great." "No I didn't." I took Niall's hand, "Lets go talk." I stood up and led him to his dressing room which was next door. We walked in and I shut the door behind us. Niall sat on the couch and I sat on the coffee table in front of him. "You can't get down on yourself like this, babe." I said, my hand rubbing his knee. "But it was bad, Y/N. I sounded horrible." "You didn't sound bad. Your voice cracked. It happens. Nobody thinks any less of you. You're an amazing singer." "I let people down." "Niall, no you didn't. Do you think your fans think any different about you? They don't. They cheered after your solo. You couldn't hear but they did. I was right there." Niall leaned his head back against the couch. "Have you tweeted about the show yet?" I asked. "Yeah. I said thanks and all that," he replied. "Let me see your phone." Niall pulled it out of his back pocket and handed it to me. I went to his twitter and opened his mentions. "What are you doing?" He asked. "I'm about to read what your fans are saying." I scrolled through multiple tweets and read some to him. "'I love you, Niall!' 'You're amazing!' 'Thank you for making this the best night of my life' 'You boys make me so happy. Thank you.' And there are thousands of tweets just like that, Niall. They're not going to get upset over your voice cracking. Your fans love and support you no matter what happens on or off stage. And so do I. Don't let this one thing bring you down. It kills me to see you upset. You didn't let anyone down." Niall leaned over and placed his hands over both sides of my face. He kissed me gently on the lips and rested his forehead against mine. "Thank you, baby," he whispered. He pulled away and smiled at me, "You're the one person that I can count on to make me smile. You always have my back. I love you." I got up and sat in his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I love you too." I kissed his forehead and stood up. "Now how about we go out with our friends and celebrate the end of an amazing tour?" "That sounds like a great idea," Niall said, getting up and wrapping his arm around my waist as we went to join our friends.

The end

-----------

A/N:

Hello, muffins!!!

I am so sad that the American tour is over! I just don't know what to do anymore. Sigh

Did you guys get the chance to go?
Did you guys have fun?

Anyway, I hope you guys liked this story! I you have any requests, leave them in the comments!

LOVE YOU!!!

- Beth xxxxxx