I Wish You Were Here

Imagine....

"I'm sorry Y/N but with the recent pay cuts, I'm going to have to let you go. You're going to have to clear your desk," my stupid arrogant boss calmly explained to me as he looked through paperwork. I looked down at my desk, stunned. "What do you mean let me go?! I've been working here for years!" I said, raising my voice. He lowered the papers and looked at me, "Y/N please. No need to make a scene. I can't help it. I'm sure you'll find another job." "But you didn't even give me a chance to find another job!" "Again, I'm sorry," he said before walking out of my office.

I could not believe it. I've worked at this stupid interior design studio for five years and my boss, well ex-boss, was just going to throw me out. Unbelievable.

I grabbed a box and placed all my things inside. I didn't even bother saying goodbye to anyone as I walked out. I went straight to my car and headed home.

I was in a terrible mood. The only thing that would help me feel better would be to talk to Niall. Unfortunately, he was away on tour and wouldn't be home until next week. I was on my own.

I walked into my flat and threw the box in my hallway closet. I collapsed on the couch, pulled my phone out, and dialed Niall's number. I needed to hear something positive before I went to bed. "Hey, princess." Just hearing his voice made me feel a million times better. But knowing that he wasn't home to hold me and tell me that everything was going to be okay, made me upset. Just then, everything came crashing down on top of me. I lost it. "Niall?" I sobbed. "Baby? Are you okay? What's wrong?" I heard the worry in his voice. "I got fired today." "What?! Why?!" "I don't know. He said something about pay cuts and that I had to be let go," I continued to cry. "Listen, baby. It's gonna be okay. You'll find another job. Don't you worry about anything." "I don't know why this happened. I was one of the best designers there." "I know, babe. It's just that sometimes bad things happen to people without reason. You just have to make the best of it. There's a better job out there for you. You just have to look for it. It'll be okay. Trust me." Niall always knew exactly what to say to help me feel better. I wiped my tears and took a deep breath. "You okay?" He asked. "Yeah. I'm fine. I wish you were here." "Me too. I'll be home before you know it." "Well that's not soon enough," I sighed. Niall laughed,"You'll never know." "What do you mean by that?" "Nothing."

We spent the next hour and a half talking about our day and anything else we could think of to talk about. It was getting late and I could tell Niall was getting tired. "Okay well I'm going to take a shower and let you get some rest," I said. "Okay, baby. I'll talk to you tomorrow." "Alright. I love you, babe." "I love you too, princess."

Getting out of the shower, I put on one of Niall's T-shirts and some pajama shorts. I walked back into the living room and turned on the tv. I began to watch a CSI marathon but it wasn't too much longer before I was passed out on the couch.

I was awoken by the sound of a car honk. It sounded like someone had locked their car. I got off the couch and stretched. I turned the tv off and started to walk towards my bedroom until I heard my screen door open. My heart dropped. I stopped and listened to see if I could hear anyone outside. I could hear someone fiddle with the doorknob and I could tell they were messing with the lock. I began to freak out. Someone was trying to break in my house. I grabbed the closest thing to me, which happened to be an umbrella. I stood beside the kitchen doorway and waited for a signal to start swinging. I heard the door open so I rounded the corner and swung as hard as I could. "Ow! Y/N! What the hell?!?!" I knew exactly who it was. I ran over and turned the light on to see Niall holding his side. "Niall!! What are you doing here!?!?" I yelled. "I wanted to surprise you!!" "Why were you messing with the lock?! I thought you were a robber or something! It sounded like you were trying to break in!" "It's dark, Y/N! I couldn't find my key! What are you doing up?!" "I fell asleep on the couch and your car woke me up." "Well next time I'll let you know when I'm coming home early because that hurt! Did you play baseball or something when you were little?" I laughed and put the umbrella back beside the door. I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a kiss. "I'm sorry. I hope I didn't hurt you too bad." He kissed me gently and hugged me tight. "It's okay. I think I'll be fine. I might be sore tomorrow." I laughed and stroked his cheek, "You must be exhausted. How about we go to bed now?" He nodded and I grabbed Niall's hand, leading him to our bedroom. I climbed into bed while Niall changed into his sweats. He climbed in and pulled me to his side. "Why did you come home so early?" I asked, looking up at him, admiring how perfect my boyfriend looked. "You sounded so upset on the phone and I wanted to help you feel better. I'm sorry you had such a bad day, princess," he whispered. "It's okay. You've made it a million times better. I love you, Niall." "I love you too." He kissed my forehead and I snuggled into the crook of his neck. It didn't take long for us both to fall asleep in each other's arms.

The end