The Blind Date

"I don't wanna do this. I'm not doing this. I won't do this," I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yes you are, Y/N," my friend Y/F/N ordered. "It's one date and he's a nice guy! You'll have an amazing time!"

"How would you know?! You don't even know him! You're only going by what your cousin told you!"

"Julian has told me all about him and you two have a lot in common. You'll have fun. I know it."

"I'm having fun now. I don't need a date," I said, pointing the remote to the tv to start a new episode of Breaking Bad.

"You look like you haven't left your apartment in two weeks," Y/F/N scoffed, clearing the candy wrappers off the couch.

"It hasn't been two weeks. It's been four days."

Y/F/N rolled her eyes. "Get up and get ready. You have four hours."

"I told you. I'm not going."

*

"I hate you," I mumbled sitting across from Y/F/N at a small table in Starbucks. After an hour of constant nagging, she finally talked me into this blind date.

"You'll thank me at your wedding," she chuckled.

"This isn't going to end well. He probably cooks meth out of an RV."

"This is why you need to get out more. You've been watching too much Breaking Bad."

I slouched in my chair and I couldn't hide the fact that I would rather be anywhere else but here.

"Listen," Y/F/N sighed. "If there's no spark and you really want to leave, you can text me and I'll come save you. And I won't set you up ever again."

"You promise?" I leered.

"I promise."

"Fine."

"Great. Now, I'm gonna leave. Julian said that Niall would be coming around 4. Let me know how it goes," she said standing from the table.

"His name is Niall? What kinda name is that?"

"Stop being a judgmental twat," she smiled and began to walk away.

"Hey, how am I suppose to know who he is?!" I called.

"Just look for someone who looks just as uncomfortable as you," she winked before walking out the door.

I sighed and pulled out my phone to pass some time.

My stomach was doing a million flips and I felt like I was about to throw up everywhere. Every time someone walked in, my heart dropped. I reached for my low fat vanilla latte with extra vanilla in an attempt to calm myself down. It didn't help.

I was looking down at my phone until I heard the door bell ding. I looked up and saw a boy with his blonde hair fixed in a neat quiff. He looked at his phone before sliding it in his back pocket. By the look on his face, he didn't want to be here either.

He looked around at all the tables before glancing at me. Seeing as though I was the only person sitting alone, he connected the dots. As he walked closer, I got a better view of his face. He was easily one of the best looking people I'd ever seen. His eyes were the most beautiful shade of blue. I knew I wouldn't have a problem with looking at him. If his personality sucks, I could just tune him out and stare at him.

He walked over to the table and smiled. "Hi, I don't mean to bother you but is your name Y/N by any chance?"

His Irish accent caught me off guard so I immediately forgot how to form words. "Uh yeah. That's me. So I'm guessing you're Niall?"