♡The Fall♡

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
This imagine is poorly written, and I am fully aware of that.

•♡•

✽SET IN THE BAD ERA✽

|1989|

You were laying on the large bed, rubbing your seven month old pregnant belly. The room was quiet, and it was ten in the morning. Beams of sunlight leaked through the windows, making you smile. Your husband of two years, Michael Jackson, was getting ready in front of the mirror. You stared at him as he adjusted his coat - standing in front of the full length mirror. He examined himself before turning around to face you.

Michael was getting ready because his good friend, Brooke Shields, was coming over to Neverland to pay you and him a visit. She was very close to Michael, and she was friendly with you. However, there was something about her that you just didn't like. You didn't know what it was, but it was something that you kept hidden from your husband - he seemed to trust her, and you didn't want to ruin a friendship due to, what could be concluded as, jealousy.

You were already dressed, wearing a red dress with lace sleeves - a garment that fell to your knees. Your legs had been tired, so you had laid on the mattress just to rest them.

Michael was wearing a black coat over black slacks, paired with penny loafers and white socks. You smiled, staring at him. He was handsome.

"You're staring," he raised an eyebrow slightly, suppressing a smile.

"Only because you're handsome," you got up from the bed slowly, and walked up to him. Your legs felt weak, but you were confident that you could keep yourself upright. "Very handsome,"

Michael chuckled and set his hands on your waist. "I love you," he studied your features. "And I will never stop loving you,"

You broke into a grin as your cheeks became red. He sure knew how to make you feel special.

"I love you more," you giggled.

"I love you most," he raised his eyebrows. You opened your mouth to respond, but someone knocked at the bedroom door. You moved away from Michael as he asked the person, who knocked, to enter.

The door opened to reveal one of the maids, Gina.

"Yes, Gina?" Michael asked gently.

"Sir, Miss Shields is here to see you," she informed your husband.

Your husband smiled and nodded in acknowledgement.

"Thank you," he said. "Let her in, and ask her to wait in the living room. We'll be down shortly,"

"Very well," Gina responded as she pulled the door shut, leaving you alone with your husband once more.

"Now, where were we?" he turned to face you, making you laugh. "Right, I was telling you just how much I love you," he breathed. "No one can love you as much as I do," he said sincerely.

"And no one can love you as much as I do," you smiled. "Now, let's get downstairs - we can't keep your guest waiting," you wanted to snarl, but chose not to.

"Fair point," Michael took your hand in his, and led you to the door. He opened it and let you walk past him as he released your hand. Once you were out, he stepped out as well before pulling the door shut.

You both walked down the staircase, and eventually arrived at the living room, where Brooke was seated. When she saw Michael, her eyes widened and she stood up - running to him and throwing her arms around him. She acted as if she hadn't seen you when she was in Michael's arms.

This is going to be a long day.

•❁❁❁•

You spent the next few hours, conversing fluently - or at least Michael and Brooke were. The lady made it a point to make you feel left out. Michael would constantly involve you in all topics of discussion, and you could tell that it was troubling Brooke. It occurred to you that she might have been jealous. It was pretty obvious, at this point, that she didn't like you.

Your thoughts were proven true. She had been fake to you all this while - it was very clear.

"Well," Michael glanced at his wrist watch. "We've been talking for the past three hours. Would anyone like a drink?" he questioned as he stood up.

"A glass of lemonade would be nice," Brooke flashed him a sweet smile.

"Okay," Michael nodded before looking at you. "Darling, what would you like?"

You laughed a little and shook your head. "Nothing for me, thanks,"

"Are you sure?" he raised an eyebrow. "You look a little pale,"

"I'm sure," you smiled widely.

Michael stared at you for a few seconds before he nodded again, and turned around to walk into the kitchen - leaving you alone with the woman you did not like.

A cloud of awkward silence settled around the room, making you fiddle with your fingers nervously.

Brooke turned to look at you before she spoke.

"Michael's a good man," she remarked.

"Uh...yeah, he is," you replied.

"How do the both of you get along?" she inquired. "The two of you have nothing in common," she laughed, but she was not genuine.

"Well," you shrugged. "Opposites attract," you answered.

"Not all the time," she retorted. This time, she seemed quite annoyed. "Sometimes people with the same interests belong together," she placed her hands on her lap. "Like Michael and I. He's always wanted a classy woman, like me," she chuckled. "But then he settled, with you,"

She flashed you a wicked, evil smile.

"Well at least I'm not as ugly as you," you flashed her a similar smile as you stood up.

"Honey, I'm beautiful. I'm a model," she scoffed.

"I meant on the inside," you spat back. "Clearly, you don't have the brains either," you rolled your eyes before turning around and making your way up the staircase. You just wanted to lay down and relax.

As you reached the top, you sensed someone behind you. Turning around, your eyes widened when you saw that Brooke had followed you. She looked furious.

"You've got a smart mouth," she hit you across the face, hard - sending you rolling down the staircase.

The last thing you heard was glass shattering before everything went black.

~•❊•~
This one sucked, definitely!
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~•❊•~
|Love|Hope|Truth|