♡The Millionaire's Bride♡

~SET IN THE DANGEROUS ERA~

×××××♡×××××

You smiled and walked out of the cafe. You had just finished your shift, and you were ready to go home. It was five in the afternoon, and many people had finished work. Crowds of people were rushing home, making you smile slightly. The skies were turning into a beautiful shade of lilac, indicating that evening was imminent. You walked along the evening path, and sighed - eventually coming to a stop at the bus stop.

As you waited, you opened your hand bag and fished for your wallet. You opened it and took out your card before closing your purse and stuffing it back into your bag. Biting your lip, you watched as the bus came to a stop before you. The doors opened, and you walked in - scanning your card on the small device that was located next to the driver's seat.

Hearing a beeping sound, you waited for your receipt. Once it had been developed, you grabbed it and walked further into the bus - taking a window seat.

You let out a breath and stared out of the window as the vehicle moved. Your hands were cold, and all you wanted to do was snuggle in your bed. You wanted to be all warm and comfortable. Your bed was your most treasured item in the world.

The bus ride lasted for about fifteen minutes before coming to a stop outside of your house. You stood up and walked out of the bus, thanking the driver as you did so.

Once your feet were on the pavement, the driver waved before closing the door and driving off.

You turned around and walked up to the front door of your house. You placed your hand on the knob and turned it - pushing the door open. You stepped inside before pushing it shut.

"Mom?!" you called. "Dad?!"

The house was silent, so you reckoned that they must have gone out. You walked into the kitchen and set your handbag onto the counter. Suddenly, you were met with the strong stench of iron. You looked around but saw nobody.

With a deep frown, and a racing heart - you ran up the staircase, noticing that the smell was becoming stronger. You followed the scent all the way to your parents' bedroom, and when you opened the door - your eyes widened.

Laying in a pool of blood, were the two people you held closest to your heart. They appeared to have been shot, and your heart broke when you saw them. You fell to your knees and screamed.

⊰•

You woke up with a start, and looked around. A moment of pure silence passed before you realized that you were having a horrible nightmare. Ever since your parents had died, the memory of you finding them would replay in your head as you slept. For three years, this had been happening, and it was destroying you. You didn't know who killed your parents, and the case was yet to be solved. You were a mess, and living in the same house was even more troubling.

You were alone, but you weren't afraid. Most of the time, you were upset.

To keep yourself alive, and to continue paying the bills for your house, you worked at a small cafe - the same one that you had been working at for over four years now. You were barely getting by, but you were getting by nevertheless.

You did your best to steady your breathing as you looked around the room. Beams of sunlight were streaming through your bedroom window, and after glancing at the small alarm clock that sat atop your bedside table, you noted that the time was six in the morning.