♡A Birthday Proposal♡

~SET IN THE BAD ERA~

NOTE: This was a draft of mine that sucked, but I decided to publish it anyway.

×××××♡×××××

You stood in front of the full length mirror in your bedroom, examining the beautiful dress that you had on. It was blue, and it fell to your knees. The sleeves were lace, and they were long. Your hair was slightly teased, and left to fall naturally. Your roommate, and best friend - Luisa, was seated at the edge of your bed, watching you.

It was your birthday, and you were about to go out with your boyfriend, Michael Jackson. Yes, you were dating the King of Pop - and things between the two of you could not have been better. You loved him, and he loved you - that was the story.

Luisa had a wide grin on her face, and you spotted this through the reflection of the mirror. You turned around and set your hands on your hips, raising an eyebrow.

"What's with the grin?" you questioned with a small laugh.

"I just know that Michael isn't going to be able to keep his hands off of you," she winked. "Are you still sure that the both of you want to remain celibate until marriage?"

You and Michael had decided that you wouldn't become intimate with each other until marriage, and so far - things were going well. Hand holding, and chaste kisses seemed to be more than enough for the two of you, especially since you both were shy.

"Yes," you laughed, shaking your head. "We're very sure about that,"

"But you look so beautiful!" Luisa exclaimed. "He is not a normal man if he isn't attracted to you in that dress!"

"He is attracted to me, that's why we're together," you raised an eyebrow.

Luisa rolled her eyes and folded her arms. "You know what I meant," she bit her lip. "You look like a vision!"

"Thank you," you giggled. "I hope Michael thinks so,"

Luisa opened her mouth to respond, but you heard someone ringing the doorbell. Your eyes widened, and your heart began to race. Michael was to pick you up, and take you to a fancy restaurant.

"He's here," you breathed.

"Look at you," Luisa said as she stood up with a smirk. "All excited," she wiggled her eyebrows as she led the way out of your bedroom.

"Oh, shut up," you giggled as you followed her down the staircase. She walked into the living room as you made your way to the front door. You opened it, and you felt butterflies in your tummy when you saw your boyfriend. He was dashing.

He had on a black coat over a red shirt, together with black slacks, penny loafers, and white socks. His hair was fastened into a low bun, and several curls fell in front of his face. He smelled like orange spice, and it made you weak at the knees.

"Hello," Michael grinned, eyeing your form. "My, you are beautiful," he remarked as he leaned in and kissed your cheek. You blushed and looked down.

"Thank you," you looked back up at him. "You don't look too bad yourself," you laughed softly.

"Guys," Luisa said, making you turn around to look at her. She had a camera in her hand, and her face was bright. "Get together so I can take a picture," she grinned.

"Luisa," your eyes widened.

"Stand together, go on," she urged you. You looked down and moved closer to Michael as she took the picture. Once she was done, she lookef at her camera before looking up at the both of you. "Perfect," she smiled. "Ah, the both of you are the cutest couple I have ever seen!"

"Thank you," you blushed before Michael placed his hand on your lower back. Your insides came alive, and your heart began to race. Michael's touches always had an inexplicable effect on you.

"Shall we go, now?" Michael whispered.

"Yes," you nodded, turning around to walk with him. "I'll be back by midnight!" you addressed your best friend.

"See ya, and have fun!" she yelled before closing the door.

Michael led you to his car, and he opened the door for you, helping you get in before he pushed it shut. He then walked over to the backseat door, and opened it - fetching out a bunch of gift bags, and beautiful balloons. He shut the door before walking over to the driver's seat - opening the door and getting in.

Your eyes were wide as he pulled the door shut, handing the items to you. You took them, and your eyes were filled with tears of joy.

"Happy birthday," he kissed your cheek, staring into your eyes. "I hope you like your gifts," he grinned.

"Oh, Michael," you chuckled. "You didn't have to,"

"I wanted to," he answered. "You deserve everything nice, and I intend to give that to you,"

You broke into a wide grin as he placed his hands on the steering wheel.

"Now, you open your gifts, while I drive," he said. "We'll be there in half an hour,"

⊰•

U

pon arriving at the restaurant, you had opened all your gifts already. Michael had bought you expensive perfumes, and expensive jewelry. He spoiled you, and he always made it a point to make you feel special. The vehicle came to a stop, and he opened his door, getting out as you did the same - leaving the gift bags in the car. Once the both of you were on your feet, he locked the car before leading you into the restaurant.

The place was empty because he had hired the entire place for the both of you. There was a beautiful waitress standing at the door, and she had her hands clasped together, in front of her. She was smiling, and that made you smile as well.

"This way," she led the way to a table for two, at the center of the room. You and Michael sat down across from each other, and the menu lists were already on the table. You thanked the waitress as she walked away.

"This place is nice," you whispered to Michael.

He grinned and nodded, keeping his eyes on you for a long moment before lowering his gaze to the menu lists. You did the same, and you almost had a heart attack when you saw how expensive everything was.

"Oh my God..." you trailed off, looking up at Michael. "This place is expensive," you whispered.

"You deserve it," he smiled. "Now, order whatever you want," he said softly.

"I can't..." you shook your head as the waitress came back with two glasses of white wine. She placed your glass down in front of you, before doing the same to your boyfriend. She had on a smile as she walked away, and when you looked at your glass, your eyes widened.

Inside, was the most beautiful ring you had ever seen. The diamonds were sparkling, and the sight was gorgeous.

You looked up at Michael, only to see that he was already down on one knee.

"I know this might seem unconventional," he began. "But I didn't know how else to do this. Ever since you came into my life, you've brought light to everything that matters to me. You're smart, and you're loving. You put others before yourself, and you're a true queen," he smiled. "You always think that you're not good enough, but I want you to see that you're far better than just good enough," he cleared his throat. "You're everything I could have ever wanted to find in a girl, and I wanted to ask you if you'd marry me,"

Tears were running down your face at this point, and you couldn't believe what was happening. Michael, the man you loved, was down on one knee - asking you to marry him. You loved him, and you wanted to be his forever - just like he was yours.

"Yes," you nodded happily. "I will marry you!"

×××××♡×××××
This was a draft of mine, and I decided to publish it today. I know it sucked.
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha♡
×××××♡×××××