♡Where We Belong♡

~SET IN THE JACKSON FIVE/BAD ERA~

NOTE: This is another one of my drafts, I hope it's okay!

×××××♡×××××

Twenty Years Ago.

"Michael!" you giggled as you tried to run away from him. He had a small ball in his hand, and he was aiming it at you. You were eight years old, and he was nine. The both of you were neighbours - so playing with each other was quite frequent. Your families had gotten along, and you and Michael were the best of friends.

The two of you had exchanged small rings as a promise for one to never forget the other. Michael was the only person you trusted with your secrets, and vice versa.

As Michael ran after you, you tripped and fell - grazing your knee. You bit your lip as Michael came to a stop. His eyes were wide as he ran over to see if you were okay. He tossed the ball onto the ground, a crouched down so that he could be at your level.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)?" he frowned. "You're bleeding,"

"I'll be fine," you shook your head. "I just have to wash the wound,"

"Are you sure?" he seemed utterly worried.

"I'll be fine," you broke into a small grin. "Thank you for caring for me so much,"

Michael opened his mouth to say something, but you heard your mother calling you. She was at the doorstep - looking at you.

"It's time for me to get back into the house," you stood up and dusted yourself off. Michael did the same before he walked you to your house.

"Thanks," you smiled at Michael, blushing a little.

"Michael!" your mother smiled. "Would you like to join us for dinner?"

"No, thank you," he nodded before glancing at you one last time. He blushed a little and began to walk back to his house.

Your mother stood aside to let you in, and once you had done so - she pushed the door shut.

"Go and have a bath and then we'll have dinner," your mother said softly.

"Okay," you nodded.

With that, you dashed up the staircase - rushing to have a shower so that you could eat. You hadn't realized it at first, but you were starving.

"Right," you muttered to yourself. "Shower,"

×××××

The next morning, you had awoken to the sound of birds chirping outside of your bedroom window. You smiled a little and sat up, rubbing your eyes. Getting up from the bed, you walked to the bathroom, which door was open. You washed your face and stared at your reflection in the mirror.

Just as you walked out, you heard someone knocking at your bedroom door. You frowned and made your way to open it. Standing there, was your mother - and she had a sad expression on her face.

"(Y/N), Michael's here to see you," she breathed.

"Oh," your face lit up. "Is he downstairs?"

"Yes," she nodded. "Darling just...keep calm, okay?"

"What's going on?" you inquired.