♡Forgiven♡

~SET IN THE BAD ERA~

A request from my good friend jamia0903
I'm sorry that it sucks!

×××××♡×××××

You sat at the dining table, tapping your fingers gently on the beautiful piece of wood. Glancing at your wrist watch, you noted that the time was one in the morning. Your mind was tired, and so was your body.

You were married to the King of Pop, and so late nights were not new. He was always very busy - and you had made it a point to understand the demands of his job.

Biting your lip, you waited for several more minutes before you heard the front doors open and close. You were seated at the dining table, so when you heard this - you sat up straight. Michael walked into the kitchen, and when he saw you, he sighed.

"Late, again," you laughed a little, standing up and walking over to him. You placed your hand on his shoulder, but he moved away.

"I know, you don't need to state the obvious," he walked over to the refrigerator and opened it - fetching a small bottle of water. You stood there, and your eyes were wide. Michael had never behaved like this with you.

Maybe it's what I said.

"How was...work?" you inquired softly as he moved past you, making his way toward the table.

"Busy," he sighed, pulling out a chair and taking a seat. You stared at your husband for a long moment before taking a seat across from him.

You watched as he opened his water bottle, proceeding to take a small sip. A minute passed, and your husband had come to notice that you were staring at him. He placed the bottle down onto the table, closing it before he let out a breath.

"Why are you staring at me?" he questioned.

"What, I can't stare at my husband now?" you raised an eyebrow.

"I never said that you couldn't stare," he spoke back. "I asked you why you were staring,"

You kept your mouth shut for a brief moment before speaking again.

"Right," you said, standing up. "You seem to be in a bad mood," you scoffed a little. "I'm sorry if I said anything to upset you,"

You turned to walk away, but Michael stood up.

"Are you seriously going to pick a fight with me now?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not picking a fight with you. I'm just giving you some space," you turned around to look at your husband. "You seem to be in a bad mood,"

"I'm not in a bad mood," he narrowed his eyes. "I'm just tired,"

"Then you should rest," you responded. You made an attempt to turn your back on your husband, but you heard him groan as he slammed the his palms on the dining table. Your eyes widened, and you were in shock.

"You always do this!" he yelled. "You always play mind games with me!"

"What?" your jaw fell open slightly. "I'm not playing mind games with you!"

"You're smart, (Y/N)," he growled. "I wouldn't put it past you,"

"You're such a jerk, you know that?" you spat. "You always want to pick a fight with me,"

"I'm not picking a fight with you! I'm just addressing the elephant in the room!" he groaned before placing his palm on his forehead. "You know what? Sometimes I wish I had never married you,"