♡Betrayal♡

✽SET IN THE BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR ERA✽

*NOTE: I HOPE THE ERA IS CORRECT*

|1997|

You were laying on the bed, reading a book. The bedroom was quiet, and the air was cold. A shade of pure black covered the sky, and stars adorned the black sheet. Your eyes were tired, and after taking a glance at the bedside table alarm clock, you noted that the time was four in the morning. A groan escaped your lips as you sat up, and leaned against the headboard.

Now, you had been married for eight years, to one of the biggest names in the music industry, Michael Jackson. Yes, you were married to the King of Pop. The both of you loved each other a great deal, and you were sure that you had found your match. Every moment you spent together was special, and he always made you smile, vice versa as well.

However, being married to him also meant that stress would accompany the smiles and laughter you both shared. At present moment, he was in the dance studio, rehearsing for a performance that would take place in a week's time. He had been preparing for this performance for the entire month, and this meant that he hardly ever had time for you anymore. He was always so dedicated to his dance, and you had to admit that you felt quite lonely.

The both of you would talk, but not like when you first got married. As newly weds, you had so much to talk about - and realized that you shared the same ideas. Unfortunately, the past few weeks saw nothing but very short conversations.

Letting out a sigh, you fiddled with your fingers, and stared down at your hands. You were feeling very lonely, and you didn't know what to do. You got up from the bed, and put on your warm flats before walking toward the door that led to the balcony. Opening it, you stepped outside, and inhaled the fresh air as if it were a drug. The breeze caressed your face, and you folded your arms - staring at the gardens below. Tears formed in your eyes as you thought about the past, things seemed to have been better then.

You missed laughing with Michael, sharing your joys with him. Quite frankly, you believed that he always put his dance and music before you - and that broke your heart because he was your number one priority. You always wanted to make him happy.

The tears streamed down your face, and the wind whispered gently. Taking in a deep breath, you used the back of your hand to wipe the tears away from your face. Letting your hand fall, your wedding ring caught your eyes as it glistened in the dark. You rubbed the piece of jewelry and smiled to yourself as you recalled your wedding day.

"I do," Michael smiled slightly, taking your left hand in his, and slipping the ring onto the fourth finger.

"And do you, (Y/N) (Y/LN), take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?" the priest asked you.

You glanced at all the people in the church before looking back at Michael. You took his left hand, and slipped the ring onto his fourth finger as well.

"I do,"

You were snapped out of your brief train of thought as the bedroom door opened, making you turn around quickly. You saw Michael walk in before he pushed the door shut. He looked around before he spotted you as you walked back into the room.

"What were you doing out there?" he inquired.

"I was just...admiring the sky," you forced a smile. "Are you done with rehearsals?"

"For now," he was sweating profusely. "I need to go and have a shower," he said, walking toward the bathroom door. "(Y/N)," he stopped and turned his head to look at you.