♡An Eventful Dinner♡

~SET IN THE MATURE ERA~

~~~~~♡~~~~~

You smiled at your reflection in the mirror, running your hands over your modest blue dress. Your husband of twelve years, was seated at the edge of the bed - watching you intently. When you noticed that he was staring, you turned around to face him.

"You're staring," you remarked with a laugh as you walked up to him.

"That's because..." he pulled your hand, bringing you closer to him. He set his hands on your hips. "My wife is the most beautiful woman on the face of the earth,"

At present moment, the two of you were going out for dinner at a restaurant that Michael had hired. Your three children were with Janet, and you were looking forward to spending some alone time with your husband.

"Aw, you flatter me too much," you giggled, leaning over to kiss Michael's forehead. "I love you so much," you bit your lip. "I really do,"

"I love you so much more," he looked up at you. "More than you'll ever know,"

"I love you most! Ha!" you grinned.

"I love you more than most!" he exclaimed, standing up. "Now, we'd better get down to the restaurant, or we'll be late, my love,"

"Didn't you hire the place?" you quizzed.

"I did, but what I meant was that if you kept on grinning at me like that - we won't leave the house," he wiggled his eyebrows, making you burst into laughter.

"Oh, Michael - you are something else!"

⊰•

The restaurant was beautifully decorated. When you and Michael had arrived, you were in awe. The lights were bright, and the flowers were simply gorgeous. A pleasant waiter had directed you toward your assigned table - and the moment felt perfect. Despite the fact that you and Michael were the only diners in the restaurant, you felt complete.

Whenever you were with your husband, your world was perfect.

"This place is amazing," you whispered, looking at Michael. "It's so beautiful!"

"Not as beautiful as you," he chuckled.

Just as you were about to say something, a waitress walked up to you and your husband.

"Good evening," she smiled. "I'm Kate, and I'll be your waitress for the evening," she seemed to be speaking only to Michael, making you frown. "Now, what can I get you?"

"Ah, we'll have a bottle of your most expensive wine," he smiled.

"Of course," she turned around, flipping her hair as she walked off.

You made a face, trying to stop yourself from laughing. Michael kept his eyes on you, a smile present on his face.

The waitress came back, with a bottle of wine, and two wine glasses. She laid down the glasses, and since the bottle was already opened - she began to pour a glass for Michael.

Once she had done so, she winked at your husband before setting the bottle down in front of you.

"You can pour your own," she addressed you before walking away.

"What the f-"

"Chill," you cut Michael off, a slight giggle escaping your lips. "She clearly has issues," you remarked, proceeding to pour yourself a glass of wine.

"She's supposed to be our waitress. Serving customers is a part of her job," Michael clenched his jaw slightly.

"Relax," you waved him off.

"Should I ask for someone else?"

"No," you took a sip of your wine. "I want to see how far she goes," you set the glass down.

A moment later, the waitress came back with two menu booklets. She handed one to Michael, and then handed one to you.

Once she had done this, she grabbed a small notepad from her pocket, and grabbed the pen that had been stuck in her ponytail.

"When you're ready to order, just tell me," she smiled at Michael, not even looking at you.

"Well...I'll...have a number..30," Michael spoke to her, closing his menu booklet.

"And I'll...have a number 16," you faked a smile, closing your booklet as well.

Kate gave you a mean look as she took the menu booklets back - turning around to make her way into the kitchen.

"Slut," you heard her whisper.

Michael's eyes widened as you grabbed your wine glass, taking a sip.

"Oh, she's not saying that to me," you felt your blood begin to boil. "I know damn well that she wasn't referring to me,"

"(Y/N)..." Michael trailed off. "Don't-"

You stood up, wine glass in hand.

"Hey!" you called, making Kate turn around. When she did - you threw the glass at her, drenching her in wine.

"What the hell?!" she screeched.

"I'd like to speak with your manager,"

⊰•

Michael laughed as the two of you walked into the mansion. After you had tossed the glass at Kate, you were able to speak to her manager - and as far as you were concerned, she had been fired.

Unfortunately, the two of you were unable to eat - but it wasn't a big issue.

Of course, your husband could not believe what had happened. He found the entire situation quite funny.

"I can't believe she called me a slut!" you exclaimed as Michael shut the door. "She was the one flirting with a married man!" you giggled.

Michael chuckled, making his way up to you.

"I have to admit, I'm so proud of you," he grinned. "You're fiery," he pulled you close, kissing your forehead. "And that's what I love about you,"

"Mhm, keep going," you teased, breaking into a fit of giggles. "I think the wine got to me a little,"

"Ah," he raised his eyebrows. "I'll run you a bath, and help you get to bed. You need to rest,"

"What about you?" you pouted slightly.

"I've got some work to do in the studio, but I promise I'll join you when I'm done," he winked.

"That sounds like a plan,"

~~~~~♡~~~~~
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha♡
~~~~~♡~~~~~