♡A Royal Affair|Part Two♡

"What?" you gawked. You heard Maria squeal, and Noah was standing next to you. You stared at the king for a long moment before looking at the man that had announced the news. Michael was studying you, and his eyes were scanning your form. You could hear many women whispering amongst themselves, and it was clear that you were envied.

"There...must be a mistake," you said as she guard walked up to you. He took your right hand and pulled you along with him. "Wait," you gasped.

"Leave her alone," Noah said softly. "She doesn't want to go,"

"Bring her," Michael said as he stood up. "And let everyone carry on with the party," he clapped his hands.

You frowned as Michael disappeared from the ballroom. The guard was still standing next to you, and the women were flashing you mean looks. Noah flashed you an apologetic smile.

"I'm so sorry," he breathed. "I wish there was more that I could have done for you,"

"It's...fine," you were still in shock. The king had chosen you to be his bride, and you didn't want to be it.

"His majesty would like to see you out in the hall," she guard informed you. "Please," he continued to keep his grip on your right hand. "Follow me,"

You stared at Noah before looking at Maria. Your best friend clapped her hands and urged for you to follow the guard. You sighed before nodding, letting the guard lead you to the hall area. Your heart was racing, and you were utterly confused. You couldn't believe what had just happened.

The guard led you to the hall before you spotted Michael, standing near a large staircase.

"Thank you, Daniel," Michael acknowledged the guard before he walked away, bowing his head slightly.

Once Daniel had left, Michael walked up to you. His features were cold, and he was studying you intently. With folded arms, he let out a sigh.

"As you know...I have chosen you to be my bride," he said.

"Yes, your majesty," you winced a little. "But I'm afraid you've made the wrong choice,"

"I have made a wrong choice?" he raised an eyebrow. "I am the king. My decisions are never wrong," his eyes were hard.

"Well, with all due respect - I don't want to be your wife," you bit your lip. "But I have a friend that would be more than happy to be your bride,"

"I don't want anyone else," he responded. "I want you,"

Your eyes widened, and your heart was racing. You didn't know what to say, but you knew that you didn't want to be this man's wife. He was cold, and he was mean.

"Your majesty....there are...other women," you breathed. "All of which are happy to be your bride,"

"I already said that I didn't want anyone else," he narrowed his eyes. "I want you. It seems as if you do not want to marry me," he raised an eyebrow. "Which is rare, because I am the king. I could give you everything,"

"Well I...don't want anything," you smiled a little. "I want to be free, that's all,"

"I don't intend to take no as an answer from you, young lady," he stared at you.

"What if I say no?" you inquired. "What happens?"

"I will have all the people, important to you, murdered," he said blatantly. "And I am not joking," he continued to focus on you. "Again, I am the king,"

You stood there, not knowing what to do. Maria was the only person that was important to you, and you couldn't lose her.

"I......" you trailed off, thinking.

"I know that your best friend is a lady named Maria," he spoke. "And I know that the two of you are very close," he sighed. "I'll give you a day to think about my offer,"

You nodded and swallowed. Something about Michael always made you feel nervous. You fiddled with your fingers as he stared at you for a moment longer.

"I trust that you will make the right decision," he said as he walked away. "I shall pay you a visit tomorrow," he instructed. "At your home, at seven in the evening,"

⊰•

After Michael had left you on your own, you had dragged Maria out of the ballroom, and you had taken her to your house. Opening the door, you pushed her inside before pulling the door shut and turning on all the lights. Maria turned around to face you with a wide smile on her face.

"King Michael chose you!" she exclaimed. "I knew it!"

"Shut up!" your eyes widened. "This is not as good as it seems,"

"Why not?" she scrunched her face up. "The king chose you!"

"He's practically forcing me to be his bride," you breathed. "He threatens to hurt you if I don't obey," you groaned.

Maria's face fell, and her eyes widened. She turned from excited to upset in less than a minute. You could tell that she was shocked.

"Me?" she questioned, her voice barely audible.

"Yes, because you're the only person that's close to me," you closed your eyes before opening them again. "And if I tell the king no, he is going to hurt you. He made sure I understood that,"

"So...what are you going to do?" her eyes began to tear up slightly.

You ran your hands over your dress as you stared at your best friend. You couldn't lose her, and you knew that the king was capable of doing whatever he wanted.

"I'm...going to agree to be his bride,"

This was my draft, a sequel to the first part, I hope it's okay!
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha♡
⊰•