♡Bitter|Part Two♡

NOTE:
This imagine is rather short, and not well written.
Please feel free to click away!

•♡•

You stood there, completely shocked. It had been two long years since you had last seen Michael, and now he was here - at your work place. Staring at Michael, you did not know what to say.

"I should get back to work," Mark remarked as he walked away, disappearing.

You let out a breath, continuing to stare at the man that had broken your heart two years ago. You had not heard from him, and he had never tried to get back into contact with you.

Why is he here now?

"(Y/N)," he said your name, making your heart skip a beat. Despite the fact that you had been apart from this man, he still had an inexplicable effect on you - but you weren't going to let him see it. "Can I....come in?" he asked with a hopeful smile.

You cleared your throat and shook your head, bringing yourself back to your senses.

"Uh...yeah," you gestured to the seat across from your desk. "Please," you swallowed.

Michael walked in, pulled the door shut, and made his way to sit down on the chair that you had gestured to. He had a brown envelope in his hand, and he placed it on the desk.

Silence prevailed for a few minutes as the two of you stared at each other. The air was tense, and the moment felt awkward.

"So you....still work here," he remarked. "I'm quite surprised,"

You had worked with this company for a few years now, and you had been with the association when Michael broke your heart.

"Yeah, I...love what I do," you nodded a little before biting your lip. "Uh...what brings you...here?" you asked.

"Oh, yeah....well....I wanted to...give you something," he pushed the envelope toward you.

"What is this?" you raised an eyebrow.

"Open it," he urged you.

With a frown, you took the envelope and opened it. Inside, was a card - and when you pulled it out - your eyes widened. It was a wedding invitation. Michael was getting married to Lily.

"I know this is awkward but...I really want you to be there," he said quietly. "After all, we did have something great,"

"Did," you looked up at him. "Past tense,"

Michael's face fell slightly and he nodded. "I know...and I...am sorry for hurting you the way that I did," he shook his head. "I threw away what we had, and what we had was...special," he gulped.

You let out a small laugh and shrugged. "Well you clearly have something special with Lily, you're marrying her," you raised your eyebrows.

"Yes..." Michael trailed off. "She's pregnant...which is...why I'm...marrying her," he said.

"Well, thank you for the invitation, but I doubt I'll be able to make it," you forced a smile.

Michael stared at you for a long moment before he stood up and sighed. "Well, my contact is on the back of the card, in case you change your mind," he stared at you.

"Right, thanks," you stood up as well.

Michael was just about to open the door when you spoke again.

"Michael," you said his name, and it made you want to cry. "Two years you act like you're some ghost, and then you turn up at my office to invite me to your wedding," you breathed. "Why?"

"Like I said," he opened the door. "I wanted you to be there," he smiled a little before walking out and shutting the door - leaving you on your own.

⊰•

You had spent the next few hours working, but your mind was on the visit that Michael had paid you. You were now in the break room, and you were talking to Mark - the man that had become your best friend. You always shared your feelings with Mark, and since he was gay - you didn't have to worry about the risk of catching feelings for one another.

Half an hour had passed since you had sat down with Mark, and you were telling him about Michael's visit.

"I still can't believe I got to see Michael Jackson," he chuckled. "I was so shocked,"

"Trust me, Mark, so was I," you rolled your eyes slightly.

"So...why did he decide to show up here two years after he practically broke your heart into a million pieces?" he questioned.

Your elbows were on the table, and you felt tired. Talking about Michael seemed to exhaust you.

"He said he wanted me to be there for the wedding," you answered.

Mark stared at you for a long moment before he let out a small laugh. "You mentioned that Lily is pregnant," he raised his eyebrows. "And that's why Michael is marrying her,"

"Yeah," you sighed. "He'll finally have children. We used to talk about having kids all the time,"

"(Y/N), do you still love him?" Mark inquired.

"What?" you gawked.

"Do you still love him?" he asked again.

"Mark, why are you asking me this?" you widened your eyes.

"Just answer the question," he urged you.

You waited for a minute before looking down and nodding. You still loved Michael, but he was going to marry the girl that you once considered to be your best friend.

"(Y/N), he's just marrying Lily because she's pregnant," Mark smiled a little. "I just know it. I think he came to see you today because he still loves you!"

You frowned a little and bit your lip. The idea of Michael still loving you was rather nice.

"But why two years later?" you huffed.

"Sometimes, it takes a person a while to muster the courage to face the truth of the matter," Mark laughed. "(Y/N), you need to call Michael - and you need to get him back before it's too late,"

•❁❁❁•
This didn't go very well!
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
•❁❁❁•
|Love|Hope|Truth|