♡Instinct♡

☆SET IN THE THIS IS IT ERA☆
×MODERN AU×

NOTE: This is an old draft of mine, my apologies if it sucks.

×××××♡×××××

You walked into the bedroom that you shared with your husband of twenty years, Michael Jackson. He was seated on the bed, and he was leaning back against the headboard. Staring out of the beautifully designed window, he was fiddling with his fingers. Beams of sunlight were streaming through the glass windows, illuminating the room. Despite the fact that the day was bright, your husband looked sad - and you knew exactly why this was so.

Tomorrow, your only daughter, Jade, was going to start college. All her life she had been privately tutored, and now that she was seventeen - she chose to attend college like any normal teenager out there. Michael was very protective of his daughter, just like he was protective over you. He had had many arguments with Jade, asking her to remain being tutored in private. He didn't want her to attend school like everyone else because he was so worried about his precious daughter.

You found this amusing. After enough convincing on Jade's behalf, Michael had finally allowed her to go to college - but he wasn't happy about it. Jade was a very smart student. She was always getting high grades, and her behavior was perfect. She was the gem of the Jackson family, and it wasn't hard to see why. She looked like her father, she sang like her father, and she could dance like him too. She was tall, and had a beautiful figure - a trait she inherited from you. She cared for people, and she always put others before her.

It was eleven in the morning, and you could already tell that it was going to be a long day. You pulled the bedroom door shut, making Michael turn his head to look at you. Jade was in her room, preparing her things for school the next day. Walking up to the edge of the bed, you sat down on the mattress, placing your left hand on your husband's. He studied you for a long moment before you spoke.

"Stop worrying about Jade," you said.

Michael raised an eyebrow whilst shaking his head.

"How did you know I was worrying about her?" he questioned.

"I'm not stupid," you narrowed your eyes at Michael, making him sigh as he let his shoulders fall. "Come on, tell me what's bothering you," you urged.

"I just...I'm so worried about Jade," he breathed. "I want her to be safe, not exposed to people that she doesn't know," he shook his head. "What if she gets picked on for being my daughter. You know how the public can be," he bit his lip, staring at you. "Remember when we first announced our engagement?" he asked, bringing to mind the day that your engagement to Michael was announced. The public had gone crazy, and girls all over the world envied you.

For a whole month before the marriage, you had to be followed around by a bodyguard, just to keep you safe.

A small laugh escaped your lips as you nodded. "Yes, I do remember," you focused on your husband. "But this is different. She's our daughter, which means that she's tough," you nodded reassuringly. "I trust Jade. I know she'll be completely fine. You need to let her breathe,"

"I just..." he trailed off, closing his eyes. "Want her to be safe," he opened them again, staring at you.

"And she will be," you patted his hand. "You need to trust her. She isn't going to be a baby forever,"

Michael stared at you for a long moment before shrugging and nodding his head in defeat. You leaned in and kissed his cheek - making him smile a little.