♡Painful Memories♡

Michael.

I stared at the photo frame in my hand, looking at the beautiful woman that was smiling in the photograph. Running my hands over the glass cover, I found myself crying silently.

If you're confused, let me explain everything to you.

For four years, I had been married to the love of my life - (Y/N) (Y/LN) Jackson. She was smart, and funny - and her beauty knew no limits. She was an angel, truly. I loved her dearly, more than I ever thought I could love anyone. We had made so many wonderful memories together, but two years ago - that all came to an end.

(Y/N) had been depressed, and I'd had no idea. Two years ago, she had committed suicide - leaving me devastated. I still remember it as if it were yesterday.

(Y/N) and I had been staying at a hotel because I was on my Bad World Tour.
That fateful evening, I had been out performing - and she had told me that she was feeling ill, proceeding to inform me that she would stay in the room and rest.

When the concert had ended, my manager, Frank, gave me the tragic news. She had jumped off from the balcony.

I had the hardest time trying to come to terms with (Y/N)'s death. She had been my everything - and in the blink of an eye, I had lost her.

The only thing she had left behind, was a letter - explaining how depressed she had been, and how desperate she was for release.

And despite the fact that my wife had left me two years ago, I was still as devastated as I had been when I found out that she had died.

Suddenly, I had been snapped out of my thoughts when I heard someone knocking at the bedroom door. I set the photo frame down onto the bed before standing up, and walking towards the door.

I opened it to see Frank, a frown on his face.

"Mike, we were supposed to leave an hour ago," he sighed. In all my sorrow, I had forgotten that I was to attend an important meeting. Frank had insisted that I hire someone to be my personal assistant, and to help ease my troubles - he had hired someone for me. Someone that I was to meet today. All that I had been told, was that she was a young female.

"Shit, I'm sorry," I whispered, stepping out of the room and shutting the door. "Let's go,"

~•♡•~

Frank and I walked through the studio, and as we did so - Frank spoke to me.

"Trust me, Mike, you're going to like this girl," he smiled at me as I shoved my hands into the pockets of my pants.

"I doubt it," I laughed a little. "You know that no one means as much to me as (Y/N). How can you be sure that I'll like her?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I think you'll get on well with her, even if you don't like her," he chuckled.

"What's her name?" I questioned as we arrived at the meeting room. The door was shut, so Frank put his hand on the handle.

"Maya," he said before opening the door. I walked in, and my eyes widened when I saw the female, seated at the desk. She had her bag on her lap, and she was fiddling with her fingers nervously.

She looked exactly like (Y/N), and it shocked me to the highest degree.

"Good luck," Frank waved at me before shutting the door. I walked over to sit across from Maya, allowing me to get a good look at her.