♡Near The Edge♡

~SET IN THE THRILLER ERA~

This imagine sucks, and for that - I am sorry♡

~~~~~♡~~~~~

You stood at the ledge of the building, looking down at the ground below. The people, and the cars, all looked like ants. You were standing on the roof of one of the highest buildings in the city, and you were ready to jump. Tears were streaming down your face, and your fists were clenched. Images flashed through your mind, images that you hadn't even seen.

You could see him with her, and you could see them being together.

Closing your eyes, you recalled the events that had led up to this moment.

**********
Two Hours Earlier.

"Thank you," you looked at your assistant, Sandra, handing her the file that she had asked you to check. You worked as a lawyer for a prestigious firm, and you loved your job.

In fact, you loved your entire life, and the people in it. You had a good job, and an amazing boyfriend who went by the name: Michael Jackson.

He was a musical artist, and the press was always hounding the both of you - but you didn't care. You adored him, and you weren't going to let him go. Everything seemed perfect.

You grabbed your hand bag before glancing at your watch, noting that the time was five thirty in the afternoon. A small smile formed on your face as you realized that you had finished early. Normally, you would finish at about seven in the evening.

"Great," you grinned to yourself. "I'll get to spend some time with Michael,"

Just as you began to clear your desk, your boss - Ben, knocked at your office door, which was open. You looked up, letting out a breath.

"Hey," he had a grin plastered on his face. "You done for the day?"

"Yep," you finally cleared your desk, readjusting your hand bag on your shoulder. "I finished early today,"

"Great," he nodded as you walked toward the door. "I'll see you tomorrow, then," he spoke as you walked past him - shutting the office door, and leaving the two of you outside. "You look tired, get some rest," he shoved his hands into the pockets of his pants.

"Thanks," you waved. "I'll see you tomorrow,"

⊰•

Since you had finished early, you had decided to go and pay your boyfriend a visit instead of going straight home to your apartment. You drove all the way to Michael's family home - and your hands were tired. You parked the car on the side of the road, and got out of the car - letting out a sigh.

You opened the car door, getting out before you shut it. Walking up to the house, you knocked on the front door. After waiting for a minute, you knocked again. No one seemed to be home. A small frown formed on your face, and you knocked again.

Shuffling could be heard inside, and slight whispers could be made out before the door finally opened.

Michael stood before you, making you smile a little. However, he didn't look as thrilled to see you standing at his doorstep.

"(Y/N)..." he trailed off. "What are you doing here?"

"I finished work early," you grinned. "So I decided to come and see you,"