♡Field Of Work|Part Three♡

Later that evening, you were feeling much better. You were currently in Michael's bedroom, folding the blankets when he walked in. Your eyes widened when you saw him, quickly bringing your movements to a stop.

"(Y/N)," he nodded his head in acknowledgement.

"Mr. Jackson," you responded in the same manner.

"I just...wanted to apologize," he sighed, keeping his tone firm. "For the..havoc that you had to experience today. It's something I wouldn't wish on anyone,"

"I...I get it," you shrugged. "It's totally fine. I didn't die," you laughed awkwardly. "So...I guess you could say that I'll get used to the attention in no time,"

Michael simply stared at you. He did not look amused.

"Yes, well..." he trailed off. "Perhaps you should go home now," he narrowed his eyes slightly. "It's getting dark,"

"Uh, yes," you nodded quickly, walking past him.

"And (Y/N)," he spoke, making you stop. "Your handbag is in the living room,"

"Thanks," you mumbled, moving on out.

~•♡•~

You walked into your small flat, letting out a tired sigh. You tossed your handbag onto the sofa, kicking off your ballet flats. Walking into the kitchen, you opened the refrigerator to grab yourself a cold bottle of soda. Just as you did so, you heard the telephone ring. You groaned, leaving the soda, and closing the fridge.

With a grumpy expression, you made your way over to the ringing device - picking up the receiver.

"Hello?"

"(Y/N)? Girl, this is Luisa!" your best friend chirped, making you smile. She never failed to make your day.

"Girl," you laughed. "Hey,"

"So, how was your first day on the job? Thanks for not telling me that you worked for Michael Jackson!" she remarked sarcastically. "I had to find out from watching the news,"

"The news?" you frowned.

"Yeah, girl! You're all over the news! People think that you're too pretty to be a nanny. They think that you're his girlfriend or something," she chuckled.

"Shit," you bit your lip. "That's crazy,"

"No, it isn't. You're so beautiful, (Y/N), I don't blame them,"

"Thanks," you responded. "But working for Michael is not as fun as I thought it would be,"

"Why not?"

"He's so grumpy," you sighed. "He looks like he hasn't smiled in ages, and sometimes - he scares the hell out of me. He's so...cold,"

"Well damn," Luisa gasped. "You seem to have your work cut out for you,"

"What do you mean?"

"Try to cheer him up. He's a lonely man, and sometimes - he probably feels distant from his children. He seems to be very troubled," she explained. "I've seen the way he looks. He's in a lot of emotional pain,"

"I know," you sighed. "Well, I'll do my best to be positive," you smiled a little as Luisa laughed.

"Girl, I know you're perfect! Whatever you do, you do it with love. I have faith in you!" she continued. "Aw damn, I have to go - my cat's crying. I'll talk to you tomorrow," she giggled before disconnecting the call.

You set the receiver back down, letting out a sigh. Glancing at your wrist watch, you noted that the time was eight thirty in the evening.

"I could watch a movie," you whispered to yourself.

~•♡•~

The next morning, you had woken up late. The night before, one movie had turned into three - and you had stayed up until three in the morning - analyzing the films. At present moment, you were running up to the entrance of the Neverland mansion. As soon as you got to the doors, you saw Michael - standing at the doorway with his arms folded.

Shit, I shouldn't have stayed up.

"You're late," he remarked.

"I know..I'm sorry," you huffed, trying to catch your breath. "I just...got caught up last night,"

"Do you have a boyfriend?" he raised an eyebrow.

"No," you frowned.

"Do you have another job besides the one that you have here?"

"No..."

"Do you have pets?"

"No,"

"Then there is no excuse for your late arrival," he stared you down.

"Listen, Mr. Jackson, I said I was sorry," you closed your eyes before opening them again. "It won't happen again,"

Michael kept his eyes on you for a long moment before stepping aside to let you in.

"The kids are getting ready. We're going to the park today," he explained. "Whilst waiting, can you reorganize the study room?"

"Sure," you forced a smile before making your way to the staircase, ascending it.

Once you reached the top, you began to walk along the corridors quickly. The study room was next to Michael's bedroom, and when you walked past - you noticed that the door to his room was open.

With a sly smile, you decided to enter his room. You knew it was wrong, but you were curious. On the bed, a few documents were scattered. You walked over to them, grabbing one.

As you scanned the fine print, your heart sank, and your blood ran cold.

Assisted suicide - Terms and Conditions.

At the bottom, you saw that Michael had already signed. Your eyes were wide with horror.

Suddenly, the sound of someone bursting into the room, made you jump. You looked up, and saw a very angry looking Michael.

~~~~~♡~~~~~
I know it sucked😂
But thank you for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha♡
~~~~~♡~~~~~