♡Field Of Work♡

You bit your lip gently as you pinned your hair back. Once you were certain that your hair was presentable - you nodded at your reflection in the bathroom mirror.

Today, you were going to the job center to apply for a job. Recently, you had lost your job as a bank officer when the institution ran into bankruptcy.

You were young, and beautiful - and you lived in a small flat that seemed to suit your personality.

Zipping open your makeup bag, and fishing out a beautiful shade of red lipstick - you applied it to your lips. Once you were done, you placed the item back where it belonged.

"Right," you whispered to yourself. "Let's go,"

~•♡•~

You were seated in the reception area, waiting for a cubicle to clear. It was a busy day - and everyone was looking for a job. Looking around the job center building with wide eyes, a small smile formed on your face.

The building structure was beautiful. As you fiddled with your fingers - one of the cubicles finally cleared. The person, that was before you, walked out, the sound of her heels clicking as she did so.

"Next," the young man, behind the free cubicle, called.

Your eyes widened and you stood up - making your way over to the cubicle. You sat down and smiled at the young man.

"Now," he focused on you. "What can I help you with, today?"

"I..need a job," you tried your best not to sound nervous.

"And...any specific field of work that you'd like to be involved with?"

"Banking would be lovely," you responded.

"Ah," the man clicked away at the small computer. "I'm afraid there are no jobs, in that field, available,"

"Ugh," you mumbled to yourself. "Okay...what about art? Or literature?"

"Unfortunately, no - again,"

Your face fell as you began to feel the disappointment setting in. Suddenly, the man jumped a little.

"Oh, we have a new opening," he studied his computer screen. "But...this opening is for a nanny," he looked at you. "The money is good too,"

You stared at him for a brief moment before nodding.

"Okay, give me the address," you breathed. "I'll take it,"

~•♡•~

When the cab pulled up to the gates of a large property, you were shocked. You paid the driver before getting out. Once you had shut the door - he drove away, leaving you on your own.

You looked up and saw a sign.

Neverland.

"Oh my God, this is for Michael Jackson," you mumbled. "Oh shit, how am I going to get in?"

You walked up to the security box, a small smile on your face.

"Good morning, ma'am - how can I help you?" the guard asked.

"Uh..yes...I'm here to inquire about the job offering for a nanny," you bit your lip gently. "I was at the job center, and they gave me this address,"

"Do you have an identification card?"

"Uh..." you began to rummage through your hand bag - pulling out a card. You handed it to the man, and he studied it. A moment passed before he handed it back to you.

"Go in," he nodded, making you break into a wide smile.

"Thank you,"

You walked through the open gates, and instantly - you felt as if the place were magical. The paths were pristine, and there were carnival rides everywhere.

A huge part of you was quite excited that you were at Neverland. A job offering that allowed you to meet Michael Jackson? Perfect.

You walked for a few minutes before reaching the main entrance to the mansion. Gulping nervously, you walked up to the open doorway - peeking in slightly.

From what you could see, Michael was seated in the living room with his three children - Prince, Paris, and Blanket. Suddenly, he noticed you - making a small frown appear on his face. He stood up and walked over to you.

"Can I help you?" his voice was a little cold. Your hands were shaking.

"Uh..y-yeah.." you trailed off. "I'm here for the..uh..job offering," you grinned awkwardly. "I was at the job center and-"

"And they told you about the offering," he cut you off. "Of course," he studied you. "Well," he stepped aside. "Come in,"

Walking in, you got a better view of his three gorgeous children. They stared at you with wide smiles before their father cleared his throat - resting his hands behind his back.

"Upstairs," he instructed, and the children obeyed - running toward the staircase. Once they had disappeared, you turned around to face Michael. "And...what might your name be?"

"(Y/N) (Y/LN)," you held out your hand for him to shake. All he did was stare at your hand before looking away. When you noticed this, you let your hand fall back to your side as you looked around awkwardly. "It's a..pleasure to meet you, Mr. Jackson,"

Michael simply kept his eyes locked on your features. His eyes were cold, and his face seemed hard.

"Tell me more about yourself," he began.

"Oh..." you looked around. "Should we sit down or-"

"Tell me more about yourself," he repeated.

You gulped, and your hands were cold.

"Well..I...um...I used to work as a bank officer," you bit your lip. "And I love kids, I really do," you sighed. "Mr. Jackson, I really would like to be able to help your children in any way that I can,"

"They don't need to be helped. They're fine,"

"I know! I'm sorry, I just-"

"Listen, (Y/N), I don't like you very much, and the only reason that I want to hire you is so that my children can have somewhat of a mother figure around them," he cleared his throat. "So, if you're willing to abide by the rules, and behave - I'll be happy to hire you,"

"Yes, I am," you nodded quickly.

"Right, then," he remarked coldly. "You're hired, and you start right now," he spoke before walking past you - making his way to the staircase.

This was going to be an interesting journey.

~~~~~♡~~~~~
I know it sucked!
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha♡
~~~~~♡~~~~~