♡The Function♡

You stood in front of the full length mirror, admiring the way that you looked. Michael, your husband, sat at the edge of the bed - watching you. You let out a sigh, turning around to face him.

"How do I look?"

"Beautiful," he grinned. "As always," he winked. "But do you have to go?" he pouted slightly.

At present moment, you were getting ready to attend a function that your best friend, Luisa, had invited you to. Michael had expressed that he didn't want to go, and so you were going to attend on your own. Luisa was your best friend, and you would do anything for her, that's why you were going to attend this function - no matter what.

"I have to," you laughed, walking up to him and kissing his cheek. "Luisa's my best friend, and I can't let her down,"

Michael sighed, nodding. He kept his eyes on you, scanning your form.

"My God," he shook his head. "You are beautiful,"

~•♡•~

You walked through the doors of the large party hall, instantly being met by your best friend. Luisa had on a short red dress, whereas you had on a long, navy blue one. She ran up to you and hugged you warmly.

"Ugh, I'm so glad that you were able to make it!" she smiled, pulling away to look at you. "Oh my goodness! You're so beautiful!"

You laughed and waved her off. "Thank you,"

"It's a pity that Michael couldn't be here," she sighed. "But I'm pretty sure that he didn't let you leave the house without telling you how beautiful you looked!"

"You're right," you giggled shyly. "He wouldn't stop,"

"Yes!" she cheered before beckoning for you to follow her. "Now, let me introduce you to a few of my friends," she walked ahead of you, tapping the shoulder of a beautiful, blonde woman. The woman turned around to look at Luisa, and when she saw you, she smiled. "This is Kim," she introduced the woman to you. "She's a gynecologist,"

"It's nice to meet you," you held your hand out to her. "I'm (Y/N),"

"The pleasure is all mine," she smiled. "I take it that you're Michael's wife," she continued.

"Yes, I am," you nodded.

"My, you're far more beautiful than people describe you to be," she chuckled. "You're heaven sent,"

"Thank you," you blushed.

"Is he not with you, this evening?" she inquired.

"No, he didn't want to come," you laughed a little. "So I came alone,"

"Ah, I see," she responded. "Well, I'd better get going," she waved at you. "It was lovely talking to you,"

"Same here," you said as she walked by you.

Once she had disappeared, Luisa grabbed your arm.

"Oh my God, Kim likes you," she widened her eyes. "And Kim usually hates everyone," she gawked. "You're so special, I swear," she chuckled.

You shook your head and waved your best friend off.

"Perhaps she was just in a good mood today," you reasoned, making Luisa roll her eyes.