♡Sinister♡

•♡SET IN THE BAD/DANGEROUS ERA♡•

×××××♡×××××

×January 10th, 1988×

You smiled as you watched your two year old daughter, Jade, as she slept. Her features were relaxed, and she looked adorable. Your husband, Michael Jackson, was at the studio, and it was five minutes after midnight. You were a little upset because Jade had been crying for her father, she missed him - but he wasn't there. Recently, you had been angry with Michael. The two of you had been married for four years, and recently, he had been focusing more on work rather than his family.

He hardly ever spoke to you anymore, and he wasn't there when his daughter needed him to be. You were angry, and you'd had enough. Your bags were packed, and so were Jade's. The next morning, you planned to leave Neverland, with your daughter.

You wanted to lead a peaceful life, and you wanted the same for Jade. You couldn't keep on like this. You needed peace, and so did your daughter.

Running your fingers through your daughter's hair, you heard the front doors open and close, indicating that Michael was home. You inhaled deeply and stood up, walking out of Jade's bedroom and pulling the door shut. With a sigh, you walked along the corridor, where you met your husband.

His eyes widened slightly when saw you. He bit his lip and brought himself to a stop.

"Michael," you folded your arms. "You're...late.." you trailed off with a small laugh. "Again,"

"Please don't start," he said. "Work was busy, and I'm stressed out. Is Jade asleep?"

"Yeah," you nodded. "She was crying for you,"

Michael gulped and his eyes became sad. You knew that he loved his daughter more than anything in the world. He just wanted her to be happy.

"Michael....there's something that I need to tell you," you sighed.

Your husband stayed silent for a long moment before nodding, urging you to continue.

"I'm leaving," you spoke.

"Leaving?" Michael's eyes widened. "What do you mean?"

"I'm leaving Neverland, and I'm taking Jade with me,"

"Wait, wait, wait," he held his hands up. "You're telling me that you want to leave, and you want to take my daughter with you?" he gawked. "Are you nuts?"

"Face it, Michael. You aren't there when she needs you," you focused on the man. "She cries for you every night, and you're never there for her. Instead, you're at the studio,"

"I have to work," he reasoned.

"I asked you to take a year off, just so you could spend time with your daughter, but you didn't want to listen to me," you frowned. "You brought this upon yourself,"

"You're not taking Jade," he said firmly. "She's my everything," he bit his lip. "And so are you,"

"If we're your everything, then why don't you want to be with us more often? Why do you put your work before us all the time?" your eyes began to tear up slightly. "Jade needs stability, and I intend to give that to her,"

Michael let out a breath and stared at you. He knew that you had a good point, and he knew that you were right.

"She can't keep living like this. Especially since the media focuses on her so much. She's only two years old,"