♡Near The Edge|Part Two♡

You had your hand bag on your shoulder as you walked through the elevator doors. You had just come off from the rooftop, and your hands were trembling. The doors closed, and you were with several other people. Your eyes were swollen, but your face was dry. The elevator moved, going down several floors before it reached the ground.

The doors opened, and you walked out quickly, trying to avoid eye contact with anybody. The people below were all staring at you as you walked by, but you didn't care. You felt like a complete mess, and you felt as if everything was ruined. Michael had been the only person you trusted, and now he had betrayed that trust.

You walked over to your car, and opened the door - getting in before you shut it. Once you were safe inside, you leaned back against the leather seat and sighed.

"I am so stupid," you whispered to yourself. "What the hell was I thinking?"

You weren't thinking at all.

With that, you started the car and began to drive home. You felt emotionally drained, and all you wanted to do was to go home and sleep.

After about a half hour drive, you arrived at the building that you lived in. You parked the car, and opened the door - getting out. Readjusting your hand bag over your shoulder, you pushed the car door shut before walking into the building.

Since you lived in a small apartment on the top floor, you always had to walk through reception. The receptionist, Lola, had become quite a good friend of yours.

She was almost like a second mother to you.

"Hey," she waved at you as you walked toward the elevator.

"Hey!" you stopped in your tracks, waving at her. "Any messages for me?" you inquired.

"No," she shook her head.

"Okay," you laughed a little. "Thanks," you flashed her a small smile before pressing the elevator button.

Instantly, the doors opened - and you entered. You pressed the button, and the doors closed - the elevator taking you up to the floor that you lived on.

The doors opened again, and you walked out - rushing toward your apartmemt door. You unlocked it before pushing it open, exhaling loudly. Kicking off your heels, you shut the door behind you before making your way over to the large sofa - collapsing onto it.

You closed your eyes, and enjoyed the silence. Your mind was a mess, and you felt like a complete wreck. As you opened your eyes, you jumped a little when your telephone suddenly began to ring. Since the device was located on a small table near the sofa, all you had to do was lean over to pick up the receiver.

"Hello?" you spoke.

"Hello? (Y/N)," Janet, Michael's sister, chirped.  "Girl, what the hell, is it true that you and my brother are over?"

"Ah," you let out a small laugh. "So he told you,"

"Not really. All he told me was that he screwed up, and that he would never be able to get you to trust him again,"

"Well, he wasn't lying," you breathed. "He uh....I caught him with Diana," you rolled your eyes despite the fact that Janet couldn't see you. "Well not really caught them, but you get the idea,"

"Damn, I hope this doesn't change the fact that you and I are best friends!" Janet exclaimed. "For five years, you had been dating my brother, I can't believe he just...threw that away," she sighed.

"Don't worry," you giggled. "You and I are still best friends!" you grinned.

"Great!" you could tell that she was smiling widely. "Because I want to invite you to my birthday gathering which is taking place tomorrow,"