♡Ailment|Part Two♡

✽PART ONE IS IN MY FIRST BOOK✽

I know I suck - please don't judge.

•♡•

Michael.

I was seated by the bed that (Y/N)'s body rested on. It had been a few hours since I had brought her to the hospital, and she had been pronounced deceased. Earlier, I had called my family - managing to tell them what had happened, so Janet was on her way to the hospital. I was devastated, and I did not know what to do. (Y/N) had been my everything, she was what kept me going.

Tears ran down my face as I stared at my wife's weak body. Her face was pale, and her lips were blue. I could not believe that she was gone. I desperately wanted her to come back, I prayed that she would open her eyes and tell me that this was all some cruel joke - but I knew that that would not happen. The heavens had taken (Y/N) from me.

I took her hand in mine, and cried silently as I held it up to my lips. Closing my eyes, I thought about how beautiful she was when she smiled. I recalled how happy she was when Ameerah was born. The necklace she had given me was in the pocket of my pants, safely tucked away.

"Oh (Y/N)," I whispered. "Please come back to me," I studied her pale face. "Please come back,"

But I knew that she wouldn't. She was gone, forever. I would never get to see her smile again, and Ameerah would never know her mother.

I wanted to stay with (Y/N) forever. I didn't want to be seperated from her. More tears ran down my face as I thought of all the moments that we had had together. Staring at her for a moment longer, I jumped slightly when the room door opened to reveal a female nurse with red hair.

"Mr. Jackson," she said softly. "Someone is here to see you,"

"O-Okay," I swallowed, nodding slightly.

The nurse stepped aside, and Janet walked in. My sister stood there, tears in her eyes as the nurse closed the door - leaving Janet and I alone. She stared at (Y/N)'s body and shook her head. Biting her lip, she let out a sob - making more tears stream down my face.

"Oh my God..." she choked. "(Y/N)," she kept her eyes on my wife's body.

I took in a deep breath as she ran forward, hugging me. She rubbed my back as I wrapped my arms around her. She broke into a series of more sobs as I held her, making me even more sad.

"I'm so sorry," Janet said as she pulled away to look at me. "This was all so sudden...I...can't believe it," she focused on me.

I lowered my gaze to the floor and folded my arms. The truth was, I couldn't believe that she was gone either. She looked so peaceful in death, it was as if she were only sleeping.

More tears streamed down my face, and I brought my hand up to cover my mouth as violent sobs took over my composure.

"Oh Mike," Janet placed her hand on my shoulder, her voice weak. "We'll get through this, I promise,"

⊰•

After three more hours spent at the hospital, Janet and I decided to go home. I walked behind her as we entered the house, and saw that my mother had Ameerah in her arms - cradling her gently. I shut the door behind Janet and I, and let out a breath.

"Oh Michael," my mother made her way up to us, handing Ameera to Janet. My sister gladly took the baby, smiling down at her. "I'm so sorry," she threw her arms around me, making my eyes become watery again. She rubbed my back before pulling away. I sniffed and shook my head. My heart felt heavy, and my insides seemed numb.