♡A Lucky Turn Of Events|Part Five♡

"Oh," Michael breathed, clearly not knowing what to say. Joseph stared at his son, waiting for an answer. "Well we...." he trailed off, looking at you.

You kept your eyes on Michael for a long moment before looking back at Joseph.

"We're just....not sure if we're ready to be married yet," you laughed nervously.

"The both of you are engaged," Joseph raised an eyebrow. "The two of you plan on getting married. How could you possibly not be ready?"

"Well-"

"We'll do it," Michael nodded. "We'll get married tomorrow, and we'll have the ceremony here,"

Joseph smiled, and your eyes widened.

"Good," Michael's father sighed as he leaned back against the soft pillow. "I'll be at peace, finally,"

"We'll...let you rest," Michael took one last glance at his father before looking at you. "We'll talk outside," he mouthed to you.

You nodded, and followed Michael as he opened the door - walking outside. You pulled the door shut, and turned around to face Michael. Janet and Katherine were waiting outside, so the both of you weren't able to discuss anything yet.

"How is he?" Katherine questioned her son.

"He...he's okay...for now," Michael sighed. "But he...wants (Y/N) and I to be married before he...goes,"

"What?" Katherine's jaw fell open slightly. Her eyes were dark, and you could tell that she was mad. She brought her eyes to meet yours before bringing her hand across your face. Your cheek was red, and there were tears in your eyes.

"Mother!" Michael gasped, holding his mother back as she attempted to hit you again. "Hey!" he wrapped his arms around his mother, stopping her from doing anything further. Janet ran up to you and rubbed your back.

"Are you okay?" he questioned softly.

You straightened up, and stared at the woman that slapped you. Your eyes were red, and you were frustrated.

"Why would you hit me like that?" you inquired, your voice shaky.

"Because you are going to be the downfall of my son!" she exclaimed. "I've always wanted him to be with Brooke, and now Joseph wants the two of you to be married!" she yelled.

"Have you ever realized that maybe Michael doesn't want to be with Brooke?" you argued softly. "Maybe he wants to be with someone else!"

"You little-" she made an attempt to hit you again, but Michael held her back.

"Mother!" he chastised the woman. "Please, don't make a scene,"

"I'll take her home," Janet walked up to Katherine, taking her hand. "Let's go," she pulled her mother with her. Katherine gave you one last glare before following her daughter out of the hospital.

"I uh...I'm sorry about that," Michael walked up to you, bringing his hand up to caress the side of your face that his mother had struck. "Are you okay?"

You laughed a little and sniffed. You knew that your eyes were swollen from the bit of crying that you did, but you didn't care. Your hands were trembling as you looked into Michael's eyes.

"We can't keep lying," you whispered. "We can't get married tomorrow,"

Michael's face fell, and he let out a breath. It was clear that he was frustrated. He studied your features, a solemn expression on his face.

"Does this have to end?" he spoke softly. "Maybe we don't have to let this go,"

"What are you saying?" you frowned.