♡Played|Part Four♡

You smiled to yourself as you scribbled in your notebook. You were in the bedroom, noting down your ideas. It had been a month since Michael had last pranked you, pretending to forget your fifth wedding anniversary. As you were seated at the small work desk, an idea came to mind.

The day was dull, and you wanted to do something fun. Michael was still at work, at the studio, and you were alone in the mansion. Only Carol, the chief of staff at Neverland, was in the living room - dusting off the bookshelf.

You stood up, closing your notebook and walking out of the room. The afternoon sky was beautiful, making you smile wide. You made your way down the staircase, seeing Carol. She was packing her handbag before she noticed you.

"(Y/N)," she smiled softly at you, zipping her bag closed. "I'm done for the day, I'd better get home now - John's probably waiting for me," she laughed a little, referring to her husband.

"Okay," you nodded as she walked up to you, giving you a small hug. "Take care, Carol," you waved as she walked out of the house.

"Bye!" she exclaimed from outside before disappearing.

You stood there for a moment before deciding to sit down on the large, leather sofa. You sat there, staring off into the distance as you let your mind wander.

You had the perfect idea.

~•♡•~

About two hours later, you were up in the bedroom - looking at your packed bags. You giggled a little, Michael was going to get the shock of his life. The scene looked as if you were leaving the house, but you weren't actually going to do that - of course. You loved Michael more than anything, but you wanted to get him back.

As you zipped the last of your bags closed, you let out a deep sigh. It was going to be a lot of work, putting your things back.

Suddenly, you heard the doors open and close downstairs - indicating that Michael was home.

Time to get him.

You sat at the edge of the bed, fiddling with your wedding ring. You had a wide smile on your face, but when you heard Michael's footsteps approaching - you shook your head and forced yourself to wear a frown.

Eventually, the bedroom door opened - revealing your dashing husband. He had a grin on his face, but when he saw your expression, along with your bags, his features contorted into a confused frown.

He shut the door gently, staring at you. You, of course, didn't look at him - you knew that doing so would make you laugh.

"(Y/N)...." Michael trailed off, walking up to you slowly. "I'm home...." he seemed utterly addled. "Why are your bags packed?"

Show time.

"Michael," you sighed, standing up - bringing your eyes to meet his. It took everything within you not to burst into a wild fit of laughter. "I...can't do this anymore," you continued to play with your wedding ring.

"Do what anymore?" his eyebrows furrowed further.

"This," you gestured to the space between you and him. "You and me. I can't do this anymore,"

"What?" his eyes widened. "Baby, what happened? What's wrong?" he began to panic.

"I just....you're always home late, we hardly ever have time together," you shook your head. "I always feel so alone...I'm at my wit's end," you sniffled, pretending that you were in tears. You were an excellent actress.

"Wait...(Y/N)...I thought we spoke about this before we got married," he took a step toward you, but you backed away slightly. "You know that my job is demanding," he studied your expression desperately.

"I know...and I thought that I could do this," you gestured to the space between you and him again. "But I can't,"

"So...what? You're leaving?" he sounded exasperated.

"Yeah, I'm going to stay with my mother for a bit,"

Michael's expression turned into an even sadder one. You stared at him, trying your best to keep a straight face - but you couldn't. You burst into a series of giggles, making Michael frown for a moment before his eyes widened in realization.

"It was a prank?" he inquired, setting his hands on his hips as you nodded. You wrapped your arms around him, holding him close.

"I'm sorry!" you kissed his cheek. "I love you so much! Please don't be mad!"

Michael wrapped his arms around your waist, making you smile as you pulled away to look into his eyes.

"You got me good," he remarked with a chuckle. "I was about to start crying," he rolled his eyes playfully.

"I'm sorry," you kissed his cheek again. "I love you so much!"

~~~~~~
I know this sucked.
I'm sorry!
Lots of love!
Isha♡
~~~~~~