♡Introductions♡

~SET IN THE BAD ERA~

×××××♡×××××

You laughed as you walked out of the lecture theater, a wide smile on your face. You walked alongside your best friend, Janet Jackson. The two of you had been friends for over three years now, and the both of you were closer than ever. Janet came from a large family, but you had never met any of them. You knew nothing of them, but what you did know was that her brothers were in the music industry - and that Michael was her favorite brother.

At present moment, you were enjoying the afternoon sun, walking with the girl that you considered your very own sister. The day was over, and that meant that there were no more classes for the day. Despite the fact that the sun was out, it was still quite cold - making you grateful that you had a loose sweater on. Math had been the last class of the day, and you were glad that it was over.

"So listen," Janet took your hand, pulling you along with her to a large tree. Once the two of you were under it, she turned to face you with the biggest smile on her face. "My brother is coming over here tomorrow to perform for us!" she clapped her hands.

You giggled and frowned a little. "Which one?"

"Michael!" she exclaimed. "But it's a surprise. No one is supposed to know until tomorrow," she whispered. "But I wanted you to know because..." she bit her lip. "I want him to meet you!"

"Are you serious?" you widened your eyes. "But I haven't met your family yet!"

"I know!" she nodded. "But I really want you to meet Michael. He's single, and ready to mingle," she wiggled her eyebrows. "If it's not already obvious, I think that the both of you are the perfect match!" she laughed.

"Jan!" you giggled. "But I barely know your brothers. How can you think that I'm the perfect match for one of them," you used air quotes for the emphasized words.

"Don't ask how," she shook her head. "Just...meet me here tomorrow, at nine," she instructed you. "Right here, underneath this tree," she grinned.

"Jan, what the hell is going on in that mind of yours?" you questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh," she bit her lip. "You'll see!"

⊰•

That evening, you were in your dorm room - reading a book. Since you were boarding on campus, you were alone for most of the time. The television was there, but you didn't feel like watching it. Your room was quite large, and it was very cold - hence your sweater. You were seated on your bed, your legs folded as you scanned the words on the page of your book.

Suddenly, you began to hear the rain outside. It started off as a drizzle, but eventually - it began to pour. You smiled to yourself as you set the book down, drawing the curtain aside so that you could peek out the window. The night was dark, and there were a few students - running along the ground to avoid getting wet in the rain.

You laughed to yourself before letting the curtain fall back into place. You grabbed your bookmark and placed it in between the pages that you had been reading - proceeding to close the book altogether. You got up from the bed and slipped on your ballet flats. With a sigh, you walked up to your front door - opening it before exiting and pulling it shut. The corridors were pretty empty, and only three students could be seen - chatting away.

You kept your head down and made your way to the library - which wasn't too far from your room, and was in the same building. The library was open all night, and so you decided to pay it a visit.