♡The Drug♡

~SET IN THE DANGEROUS ERA~

~~~~~♡~~~~~

You smiled as you watched your husband run around, several children around him. You were seated underneath a tree, watching as Michael giggled and smiled. You were so proud of him. The kids, that he had been playing with, were individuals that he had invited to Neverland. He treated each kid as his own. Mac was also amongst the kids, acting the fool. Janet and La Toya were a part of the group as well.

Despite the fact that you were in the shade, your wedding ring was glistening proudly - further emphasizing the fact that you were married, and had been for the past five years.

Michael Jackson was your husband, and your rock. He was the man that kept you together, and you knew that you would be lost without him.

As you leaned back against the tree trunk, you let out a sad sigh. Your heart began to feel heavy, making it difficult for you to breathe. There was something that you had been hiding from him, and you desperately wanted to tell him. However, you were scared.

What were you hiding?

The fact that you were a drug addict.

Now, you weren't as bad of a drug addict as most people would be. You weren't necessarily involved with hard drugs.

You were addicted to diphenhydramine.

You had first been introduced to the medication when you'd had a bad allergy attack, two years ago. Initially, you noticed that you would be on somewhat of a high whenever the drug was in your system. Over the years, you continued to increase the dosage - and now, you were taking excessive amounts of the drug.

Of course, Michael had no idea. The only person who knew, apart from yourself, was Janet. She had found out three months ago, and she had agreed to keep it a secret. However, she did not condone your behavior. She would always urge you to tell Michael.

Suddenly, Michael came running up to you - snapping you out of your thoughts. You looked up, and forced a smile.

"Are you sure that you don't want to join us?" he frowned. "It's so much fun!"

You let out a sigh, standing up whilst shaking your head. "I'm tired," you lied. "I'll just..be upstairs," you kissed his cheek. "Carry on,"

Michael nodded before kissing your forehead, after which, he ran off. You turned around and made your way into the mansion. You checked to see if anyone was watching you, and when you were certain that the coast was clear - you ran up the staircase, and into the bedroom that you shared with your husband.

After slamming the door shut, you ran over to your dressing table - opening the drawer and fishing out a packet of diphenhydramine tablets. You had quite a handful of these packets, and they were well hidden.

You ripped open the packet, and emptied the sachets. With a sigh, you stuffed the empty sachets into the box before tossing it onto the bed.

In the blink of an eye, you had ingested the tablets. You hated yourself for being so weak, but you simply couldn't help yourself.

A moment passed before you heard someone knock at the door.

"Mrs. Jackson?" you heard one of the maids, Gina, call. Your eyes widened, and you quickly shoved the empty box underneath the pillows.

"Come in," you cleared your throat. The door opened, revealing the pretty maid.

"Uh..I'm sorry to disturb," she smiled a little as you set your hands on your hips. "But Mr. Jackson asked me to check on you, and to make sure that you were alright,"