♡Adopting♡

~SET IN THE HISTORY ERA~

A request from mxchaeldangerox
I made the era up, I hope it's okay!

×××××♡×××××

Michael was seated in his office, listening to his manager, Frank, as he rambled on about the tour dates. Frank was rather passionate as he spoke, but Michael's mind was elsewhere. He had his hands on his lap, and when Frank noticed that he wasn't paying attention, he stopped talking.

Several moments passed before Michael realized that the room had fallen silent. He frowned and looked at Frank, who looked quite annoyed.

"Mike," he sighed. "You weren't paying attention to anything I was saying,"

Michael broke into a small chuckle, shaking his head. He opened his top desk drawer, fishing out a small folder before pushing the compartment shut. He placed the file onto the desk, and urged his manager to take it.

Frank frowned, taking the item and opening it. He scanned the contents before looking up at Michael.

"What is this?"

"I've adopted a young girl," Michael responded. "She's ten years old, and I'll be picking her up tomorrow," he smiled a little.

Frank's eyes widened, and he broke into a wide smile. He laughed and set the folder back onto the desk.

"You're going to adopt?" he gawked. "Oh my goodness! Congratulations," he studied Michael. "What's her name?"

"AJ," Michaele responded. "I met her three weeks ago, at the orphanage," he closed his eyes before opening them again. "Her parents..abandoned her,"

"You're going to be a father, though," Frank raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure you can handle a child, as well as your career?"

"I'm confident that I can do this," Michael nodded. "I really would like to have children around the house," he laughed a bit.

Frank stared at his client for a long moment before nodding himself. He stood up and let out a breath.

"Well, I'd better get going," he ran his hands over his shirt. "Mary will be expecting me," he said, referring to his wife.

Michael stood up and smiled. "Thank you for being here today," he glanced at his wrist watch, noting that the time was seven in the evening. "Take care,"

"You too," Frank spoke before he made his way to the door, opening it and walking out - shutting the door behind him.

Once Michael was alone, he sat back down in his leather chair, resting his elbows on the table. The room was quiet, and the evening was cold. The trees could be heard dancing outside in the wind.

Michael leaned back in his chair and sighed, chewing on his bottom lip. He was rather anxious to see AJ again. He wanted her to trust him, he didn't want her to be afraid of him. His family members knew that he had plans to adopt, and Janet was the most excited. She couldn't wait for Michael to bring AJ home.

She was a sweet girl, and Michael believed that she deserved all the happiness in the world.

As Michael continued to think, he suddenly heard the telephone ringing. He reached over and picked up the receiver, holding it to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mike! This is Janet," he was greeted by the sound of his sister's high pitched voice. He laughed when he heard her, his features bright.