♡Fun Without Them ~ Request♡

A request from bunny197_
I know it sucks😭

~~~~~~~~~~

Vanessa sighed as she stared at the wall blankly. She was in her small bedroom, and the house was empty. The young woman was home alone because her parents were out. Tears began to stream down Vanessa's sad face.

Why was she sad, you might ask?

Today was her birthday, and everyone seemed to have forgotten. Her own parents didn't seem to have remembered. Her boyfriend, Michael, hadn't called her all day - so she assumed that he had forgotten as well.

This year, Vanessa was finally twenty one - and this was her first birthday as Michael's girlfriend.

Initially, she had been excited when she thought that Michael remembered - but now, she was upset.

Michael's probably busy. She lamented.

Suddenly, the telephone, that was located on her bedside table, began to ring. She picked it up, and answered.

"Hello?"

"Vanessa!" her good friend, Lily, cheered. "Happy birthday!"

A smile formed on the young lady's face. At least someone remembered.

"Aw, thanks," Vanessa responded.

"What did your parents give you? What did Michael give you? Tell me!" she laughed.

"Uh...they...well..." she trailed off. "They sort of..forgot,"

"What?!" Lily gasped. "So what are you doing?"

"I'm just staying home," Vanessa sighed. "Being alone,"

"Aw hell no. You're coming out with me," Lily responded firmly. "Meet me at the local coffee shop - and then we'll figure out where to go from there,"

"But-"

"No buts," Lily cut her off. "You're going to meet me at the local coffee shop - and if you don't, I will come to your house,"

"Fine,"

~•♡•~

Half an hour later, Vanessa was at the coffee shop - waiting for Lily. She was seated at a table in the corner, drumming her fingers gently against the wooden piece of furniture. Looking around, she noticed that several men were staring at her - but that was only because she was gorgeous.

A moment passed before a tall man walked up to Vanessa.

"Hi," he held his hand out. "I'm Ethan,"

Vanessa took his hand, shaking it as she smiled awkwardly.

"Uh...I'm Vanessa," she responded.

"That's a beautiful name, for a beautiful girl," Ethan grinned.

"And she's taken," Lily's voice spoke from behind the man. You giggled a little as Ethan turned around to face Lily.

"My apologies," Ethan held his hands up in defense before walking away. Lily laughed, sitting down across from Vanessa.

"You're literally so beautiful that men cannot leave you alone," she remarked.

Vanessa shook her head, laughing.

"Vanessa," Lily sighed. "We're going out today. Forget the people who forgot your birthday, we'll spend the day doing all sorts of things," she stared into her friend's eyes. "We're going to have fun without them,"

~~~~~♡~~~~~
This one was a request from bunny197_
I hope it was okay!
Lemme know your thoughts!
Lots of love!
Isha♡
~~~~~♡~~~~~