♡Almost Assumed♡

•♡SET IN THE BAD ERA♡•

×××××♡×××××

You awoke to the sound of your alarm clock blaring loudly. You slammed your hand on the device, bringing all sounds to a stop. Opening your eyes, you glanced at the clock, noting that the the time was eight in the morning. You groaned and sat up. Work started at ten, so you were up on time.

You worked as an assistant at a fashion company, and you loved what you did, mainly because the pay was good. It funded a comfortable lifestyle, and you could not have been happier. You sat there for a long moment before you heard your mobile phone ringing, on your bedside table. You grabbed the phone, and checked the caller ID, noting that it was your boyfriend - Michael Jackson. Yes, you were dating the King of Pop, and had been for the past four months.

Michael was an amazing man. He treated you right, and he always managed to make you feel loved. Many women were after him, but he only ever had eyes for you.

Tapping the accept button, you held the phone up to your ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, darling," Michael's voice greeted you. "Good morning, did I wake you?"

"Hi," you giggled. "And no, I just woke up when you called," you smiled to yourself. You knew that you were blushing. Michael always had an inexplicable effect over you.

"How are you this morning?" he inquired softly.

"I'm good, just a little tired," you responded. "Sometimes, I wish I didn't have to work,"

"I had asked you to stop working, and I did offer to pay for everything for you. You were the one who denied me," he laughed.

"That's because I believe in earning my own money to fund my lifestyle," you giggled. "Besides, you've bought me so many gifts that you may as well be paying for everything," you rolled your eyes despite the fact that he couldn't see you. "And for that, I love you so much," you grinned.

"And I will continue to buy you gifts, whether you like them or not," he said. "I'll always love you more,"

You opened your mouth to say something, but your phone began to vibrate - informing you that there was another incoming call.

"Hey, I have another call coming through, I need to hang up," you breathed. "But I'll call you later," you said your goodbyes to your boyfriend before accepting the other call. "Hello?"

"(Y/N)?" a male voice greeted you. "It's James, did I disturb you?" your work mate greeted you. You and James were good friends, and since he was gay, the two of you spent a whole lot of time together without any worries.

"No, I was just talking to Michael," you said.

"Ooh, the two love birds," he giggled.

"Shut up," you sighed.

"I need to meet Michael one day. Him and I have never met," he remarked. "I need to know whom my sister is dating," he spoke, making you feel special.

You loved James. He was your best friend, and you trusted him just as much as you trusted your boyfriend.

"Well, I'm sure you'll get to meet him soon," you laughed. "Right, I need to get ready for work, I'll see you in an hour," you said.

"See ya," he replied before you disconnected the call.

Dropping your phone onto the mattress, you fell back onto your pillows. It was time for another day.

⊰•

With your hand bag over your shoulder, you walked into the building that you worked at. Your heels clicked against the tile floor as you made your way past the reception desk. Layla, the receptionist, smiled and waved at you as you walked over to stand at the elevator. You smiled and waved back before pressing the button.

You worked on the eleventh floor, so you always took the elevator. The doors opened, and you walked in - pressing the button for your respective floor. You were the only one inside, so you leaned back against the wall and sighed as the contraption moved up.

You glanced at your watch before the doors opened at your floor. A small smile was painted on your face as you walked out. Perrie, the girl that sat at the main desk, grinned when she saw you. You got along with everybody, and so many people were always happy to see you.

"Good morning," Perrie stood up, grabbing a bunch of roses that was located on her desk. She handed them to you, and your eyes widened slightly. "Turn around," she giggled before sitting down.

You turned around, and you saw Michael standing before you. You broke into a laugh as he walked over and kissed your cheek.

"Good morning," he smiled.

"Michael! What a nice surprise!" you grinned like a little girl. "You're here. Didn't you have rehearsals today?"

"Yes, but I wanted to come and see you," he bit his lip. "I hope you like the roses,"

"Are you kidding? I love them!" you smiled from ear to ear. "Wait, let me go and put these in my office, and then we can go out for coffee," you breathed before turning around, and speeding to your office. Opening the door, you rushed in, and placed the roses on your desk before moving out of the room - pulling the door shut.

As you walked back out, you saw that James was talking to Michael. He was shorter than your boyfriend, but he had a big heart.

"I see you've met Michael," you placed your hand on James' shoulder,"

"Finally," James grinned. "He seems like a good guy,"

"And....you two are...friends?" Michael inquired.

"Best friends," James smiled. "(Y/N) is literally the most beautiful girl in the world,"

Michael nodded, but he seemed wary of James. You quickly waved at James before taking Michael's hand, and pulling him along with you.

"Bye!" James waved at the two of you, making you laugh as you and your boyfriend arrived at the elevator. You pressed the button before turning to face Michael.

"James, huh?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Don't you dare get jealous," you held your index finger up. "Before you say anything, James is gay,"

Michael stared at you and nodded before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"I'm sorry," he chuckled. "I was about to get jealous," he admitted. "About to,"

"Mhm," you raised your eyebrows as the elevator doors opened. "That better be the case," you giggled as the two of you walked into the elevator.

It was time for you to spend some much needed moments with the man you loved.

×××××♡×××××
This sucked, I know.
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha♡
×××××♡×××××