♡I've Got You♡

~SET IN THE DANGEROUS ERA~

~~~~~♡~~~~~

You were seated on the large, leather sofa - fiddling with your fingers as you waited for your boyfriend, Michael, to return home. Dating the King of Pop was far from easy, and you knew how tiring it was for the man. Two years ago, you and Michael had met at one of his concerts, and immediately - the two of you were smitten.

It was similar to something out of a fairytale book. You lived at Neverland with Michael, and so far - things were smooth. Most of Michael's female fans disliked you, but you tried your best not to take it to heart.

He was a popular, and very attractive man that the fans adored.

You had to understand.

It was five minutes after midnight, and you were beginning to become worried about Michael. Usually, he would have been home by eleven - but you simply assumed that he was busy.

Suddenly, the telephone began to ring. Since it was located on the table next to the sofa you were seated on, all you had to do was lean over and pick up the receiver.

"Hello?" you answered.

"(Y/N)," Frank, Michael's manager, spoke. "Hi, I'm sorry to disturb," he sighed. "But is Michael home?"

"Uh..no," you frowned. "I thought that he was with you..."

"I left the studio an hour ago when-" he stopped mid sentence. "You know what, never mind," he sounded nervous.

"Frank, what's going on?" you questioned. "Is Michael okay?"

Frank stayed silent for a long moment, making you more tense.

"Frank?"

"Oh God, if I tell you - please don't do anything stupid," he sighed.

"I promise I won't,"

"Michael's mother came down to the studio today, and they had an argument," he began. "About you,"

"Oh shit," you bit your lip. "Let me guess, she doesn't like me," you sighed. You had never met Michael's mother before - but you knew that she didn't like you very much. She preferred Brooke Shields to you.

"She was pretty annoyed. She desperately wants Michael to get back with Brooke," he responded. "She threatened to disown him if he didn't listen,"

"What the hell?" you gawked. "Are you serious?"

You always knew that Katherine didn't like you, but threatening to disown her son was a little too far.

"That's all I'm saying," he cleared his throat. "You can discuss the rest with Michael. Take care," Frank spoke before disconnecting the call.

Just as you placed the receiver down, you heard the front doors open and close. You stood up, and saw that Michael was walking in - a troubled expression painted on his face.

"Michael," you smiled, making him look at you. He smiled, but he still looked disturbed.

"Hey," he sighed, walking up to you and kissing your cheek.

"You...okay?" you raised an eyebrow.

"No," he shook his head, bringing his fingers to pinch the bridge of his nose. "My mother came to the studio today,"

"I know," you responded.

Michael's eyes widened, making you laugh a little.

"Frank called earlier," you explained. "He wanted to speak to you but...you weren't home yet,"

"Shit, I told him not to say anything," Michael groaned.

You laughed a little as he shook his head.

"I know that your mother doesn't like me, she never has," you breathed.

"I've tried speaking to her, I've tried to make her see that I love you...but she just won't budge," he shoved his hands into the pockets of his coat. "And I don't know what to do. I love you, and I love my mother as well," he bit his lip.

You stared at Michael, feeling bad for the dilemma that you had indirectly placed him in. Your heart sank when you noticed just how upset he was.

"Michael...." you trailed off. "Perhaps it would be easier if I left," you shook your head slightly.

"No," he answered.

"Your mother hates me, Michael," you reasoned. "And she wants you to be with Brooke, so why don't you give that a try?"

"Because I can't just switch my feelings off!" he exclaimed. "I can't just date Brooke when I love you!"

You looked down, shrugging a little. "You're right, that was stupid of me,"

Michael focused on you, breaking into a small chuckle. He moved closer to you, bringing his hand up to caress your face. You could feel his minty breath against your features, making your heart race.

"I love you, (Y/N)," he stared into your eyes intently. "I will always love you," he shook his head. "And I don't care what my mother says, I will find a way to get her to understand that my emotions for you can't be helped,"

You kept your eyes on the man before you, a blush rising to your cheeks.

"What if she can't understand?" you raised an eyebrow.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it," he kissed your forehead. "I'll always choose you, you should know that,"

"How the hell did I get so lucky?" you bit your lip. "You are literally the best man on the face of the earth. I'm so lucky," you giggled.

Michael grinned, rolling his eyes playfully.

"I'm the one who got lucky," he whispered. "I'm the man who has the world, now that I've got you,"

~~~~~♡~~~~~
I was going to make this chapter sad, but then decided against it.
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha♡
~~~~~♡~~~~~