♡Not Ready♡

~SET IN THE BAD ERA~

~~~~~♡~~~~~

You woke up with a start, breathing heavily. Beside you, your husband, Michael, lay fast asleep. As you tried to steady your breathing, you brought your hands to run your fingers through your hair. Glancing at the small clock that seated on the bedside table, you noted that the time was four in the morning. You groaned softly.

For the past few weeks, you hadn't been sleeping well - and despite how tired you may have been, you'd always wake up at odd hours of the morning. For this, you blamed your depression, and anxiety. Previously, you had been seeing a therapist - but she could do nothing for you.

Medication didn't seem to be working either.

Shit. You thought to yourself as you got up from the bed. You made your way to the bathroom, opening the door quietly - and walking in. After you turned on the light, you gently shut the door before making your way over to the mirror.

Upon seeing your reflection, you gasped. Your face was pale, and your eyes looked bigger than usual. You shook your head.

Suddenly, you heard someone knocking at the bathroom door softly.

"(Y/N)?" Michael's voice called from the other side. "Baby, is everything okay?"

"Uh..." you trailed off. "Yeah," you lied.

Of course, Michael didn't believe you - and he opened the door. With a raised eyebrow, he stared at your form.

"You know I hate it when you lie," he folded his arms.

You folded your arms as well, rolling your eyes slightly. "I'm just....not feeling well," you breathed.

"Don't you want to see a doctor?" he frowned.

"No," you answered, letting your arms fall to your sides. You walked past Michael, and out of the bathroom. Your husband followed you, clearly upset.

"(Y/N), a visit to the doctor might not be as bad as you think it is!"

"I said I don't want to go!" you exclaimed, climbing back into bed. "Just..leave it alone," you fell back onto the mattress, pulling the blankets over you.

"(Y/N)..." Michael trailed off.

"I said to leave it alone," you repeated. "Now...let's just go back to sleep,"

Michael stood there for a moment before walking out of the bedroom, slamming the door shut behind him - leaving you alone.

Why me?

⊰•

Later on during the day, Janet and Mac had decided to visit you and Michael. Your husband was happy to see them, and so were you. At present moment, you were seated underneath a large tree, enjoying the shade as you watched your husband play with Janet and Mac. Water balloons were being thrown everywhere, and laughter was abundant. The moment was beautiful.

Suddenly, you began to feel nauseous. You stood up, and ran into the house - speeding into the kitchen. You leaned over the sink and regurgitated violently. Carol, the chief of staff at Neverland, happened to be passing by - and when she noticed you, she rushed in to help you.

"(Y/N)!" she exclaimed, rubbing your back. "Oh dear," she whispered.

She held your hair back for you as you continued to throw up. Several seconds had passed before you stopped, turning on the tap to wash the sink.