♡The Game♡

~SET IN THE DANGEROUS ERA~
×MODERN AU×

A request from jamia0903

×××××♡×××××

You drew the curtains open, letting streams of sunlight spill through the window. The day was bright, and that made you smile. Michael, your husband of three years, was fast asleep on the bed - and when he noticed what you had done, he groaned.

It was seven in the morning, and today was Michael's first day off in forever. The two of you had had a long night before, and now - it was morning.

"Draw them back," he sighed, stuffing his face into his pillow. "I want to sleep,"

You giggled and turned around, walking over to sit down at the edge of the bed. You ran your fingers through his curls, a small smile on your face. You loved your husband, and to you - he was the most handsome man on the face of the earth.

"We have a day all to ourselves, and for the first time - you don't have anywhere to go," you sighed. "I don't want us to waste the day,"

Michael stayed silent before opening his eyes and sitting up. He stretched a bit before letting out a loud sigh. He stared blankly for a moment before bringing his eyes to meet yours.

"So what do you want to do?" he questioned.

"I don't know, something fun? We could have a water balloon fight," you shrugged.

"I'm not really feeling it today," he shook his head. "Anything else?" he took your left hand in his. "How about I take you shopping?"

"I don't need to go shopping, I have so many things,"

Michael chuckled and shook his head. His eyes were bright now, and that made you smile widely.

Suddenly, his mobile phone began to ring. It was laying on the bedside table, so you grabbed it and handed it to him.

"No caller ID," you stated.

Michael frowned and tapped the accept button before holdimg it up to his ear.

"Hello?"

As Michael conversed on the phone, you walked up to the full length mirror - and stared at the dress you had on. It was bottle green, and the sleeves were long. It fell to your knees, and the cut was beautiful.

After several minutes, Michael got off of the phone, and tossed the device onto the mattress, beside him. He groaned and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Frank just called," he sighed.

"Aw no," your face fell. "Please don't tell me what I think it is,"

"I have to go to the studio,"

"No!" you exclaimed. "Ugh, even on your day off?" you raised an eyebrow, setting your hands on your hips.

"I'll be there for an hour, maybe two," he got up from the bed and made his way over to you, setting his hands on your waist. "Then I'll be back, and we can do whatever you want,"

"What am I gonna do for an hour on my own?" you pouted as he kissed your forehead.

"Go shopping. You love shopping," he laughed. "You have my credit card - use it," he tapped your shoulders before making his way toward the bathroom.

"Where am I going to go?" you bit your lip. "The mall?"

"Anywhere," he said, opening the bathroom door. "I need to go and get ready now. The sooner I leave, the sooner I'll be back,"