♡Torn♡

~SET IN THE DANGEROUS ERA~
×MODERN AU×

NOTE: This is another draft of mine, and I decided to publish it today. My apologies if it sucks.

×××××♡×××××

You were seated on the sofa, laughing with your best friend, Michael Jackson. The both of you were in his Neverland mansion, and the two of you had been conversing for over three hours - a habit whenever the two of you were around each other. The two of you were very close, and the both of you spoke about everything. Being utterly comfortable around each other, the two of you had no worries when you both were alone. It was a beautiful bond, and you loved it.

At present moment, your legs were resting on his thighs, and he was rubbing your feet gently. To the naked eye, people would think that you were dating - but that wasn't the case. In fact, you had developed slight feelings for your best friend - but you chose not to say anything. After all, you were in a relationship with another man - Anthony.

Michael and Anthony did not get along because your best friend was very protective over you. Michael never liked Anthony, and he considered your boyfriend to be a failure - mainly because you had a job, and Anthony didn't. You paid for all the bills, and you were the only one with a steady income. You worked as a receptionist for a law firm, and you loved your job. You loved meeting new people, and getting to see the variety of people that the universe consisted of.

Getting back to the point, the only reason why Michael tolerated Anthony was because he believed that the man made you happy. However, recently - you and Anthony had been having some problems. He was staying out late at night, and returning at odd hours of the morning. He refused to tell you where he had been, and his behavior was starting to get on you nerves.

"I'm being honest," Michael commented. "Anthony is not the guy for you,"

"Right," you rolled your eyes playfully. "And what sort of guy do you think would be right for me?"

"Someone kind," he shrugged. "And someone that will protect you, no matter what," he scoffed. "Anthony can't protect you even if his life depended on it,"

"He's a nice guy," you ran your fingers through your hair gently.

"He's too nice," Michael responded.

"Since when was someone too nice?" you raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you all about making the world a better place? Kindness is key?"

"Since I met Anthony," he spat the name out. "And yes, I am all about the world being a better place, and yes - I think that kidness is key; but no, that does not mean I like the guy you're with,"

"You're annoying," you brought your feet to the floor, and stood up. You made your way into the kitchen, and Michael followed you. Opening the refrigerator, you pulled out a small bottle of soda - and when you closed the door, you noticed that Michael was standing right in front of you.

Your eyes widened, and he stared at you for a long moment - moving closer. You leaned in too, and in the blink of an eye - you were kissing your best friend. The kiss lasted for five seconds before you pulled away.

"I...." you trailed off. "I should go," you placed the bottle of soda onto the counter.

"(Y/N)," Michael said as you walked past him. "(Y/N),"

You walked toward the front door, and he grabbed your hand - pulling you back. You gasped and stared up at him.

The two of you stared at each other before you walked past him, making your way to the sofa. You grabbed your purse, and headed toward the door.