♡High♡

~SET IN THE BAD ERA~

NOTE: The request was that the child be named Blanket, even if the eras don't coincide.

This one is for AubreJackson

~~~~~♡~~~~~

Aubre was seated on the bed, covered by the white blanket. It was eleven in the morning, but the skies were dark because it was raining. Heavy sheets of rain fell from the sky, crashing onto the ground loudly. Because it was so dark, the lights had to be turned on - and Aubre had to admit, she liked the feeling of being at home when it rained.

There was something so calm about being under a blanket when it was cold outside. Beside her bed, was a small cot - where her baby, Blanket, was asleep.

He stirred a little, making Aubre frown slightly.

No, please don't wake up. Mama needs you to sleep. She thought to herself.

Her husband of five years, Michael, was at work - leaving her, and her baby, alone.

Aubre leaned back against the headboard, letting out a sigh as she looked out of the beautifully designed window. She watched as the drops of rain fell through the trees, making the whole process look elegant.

Slowly, she began to feel her chest become heavy. Her eyes began to tear up, and she groaned when she realized that the depression was setting in - making her feel helpless.

Suddenly, she heard someone knocking at the bedroom door.

"Come in," she sighed.

The door opened, revealing one of the maids - Gina. She had a small smile on her face, and her eyes sparkled slightly.

"Ma'am, is everything alright, in here?" she questioned.

"Uh...yeah," you breathed, getting up from the bed. "Would you..uh...be able to look after Blanket?" she got to her feet. "I..uh...need some fresh air,"

"Of course," Gina smiled, making her way over to the cot as Aubre walked out of the room.

"I'll be back,"

⊰•

After walking out, Aubre had made her way into the gardens before deciding that she wanted to visit her good friend, Luisa. The two friends had talked for hours before Luisa introduced her to smoking a joint that would get Aubre high. Normally, Luisa didn't indulge in such acts, and neither did Aubre - but the day was dull, and depressing. A high was much needed.

The joint had managed to get Aubre high, and the young girl was enjoying the feeling. For a moment, she forgot that she was a wife, and a mother. For a moment, she forgot that she was depressed. For a moment, she felt okay.

At present moment, Aubre had just returned to Neverland, and the drug was still in effect. Time had flown by incredibly fast, and it was now four in the afternoon.

As she walked through the front doors, she saw Michael - seated in the living room, holding Blanket in his arms. Upon hearing her footsteps, Michael stood up - and turned around to face his wife.

"(Y/N)," he let out a sigh. "Where the hell have you been? Gina told me that you left several hours ago,"

At that, Gina emerged from the kitchen - holding a glass of water.

"Thanks," Michael looked at Gina. "Just set it down onto the table,"

Gina walked over to the small coffee table, setting the glass down before straightening up.

"I'll take Blanket," she looked at Michael. He nodded, gently handing the baby to the maid. "I'll give the both of you some space," she flashed Aubre an apologetic smile before making her way to the staircase, ascending it - and disappearing into one of the bedrooms.

"Aubre?" Michael frowned, walking up to her. "You look....different," he studied Aubre's features.

"Oh," she tried to avoid eye contact. "Well....I'm sure it's nothing,"

Suddenly he used his fingers to tilt her chin up so that he could take a proper look at her eyes. His eyes widened, and a small gasp escaped his lips.

"Aubre, are you high?!" he snapped. "What the hell?!"

You bit your lip and swallowed. "I...it was...just this once..and-"

"Aubre, you're high!" he exclaimed. "And we have a baby!"

"I'm sorry!" she exclaimed. "I was just...depressed...and Luisa - it just...it all fell together, and I'm sorry!"

"Aubre, you are a mother," he brought his fingers up to pinch the bridge of his nose. "You can't afford to be-"

"Okay!" Aubre interrupted him. "I screwed up, and I'm sorry!" she huffed. "I...I won't do it again. Please...I just...don't want to argue,"

Michael's expression softened, and he moved closer to her.

"I'm not...arguing with you. I just need you to know that this kind of behavior is unacceptable in front of our baby," he sighed before leaning over to kiss Aubre's forehead. "Please promise me that you aren't going to do anything like this again," he pulled away, staring into her eyes intently. "I need you to promise me,"

Aubre stared up at her loving husband. She knew that she was wrong, and she was grateful that Michael was so understanding.

Most men wouldn't be so kind. She was lucky.

She was lucky, and high.

An interesting combination.

"I promise,"

~~~~~♡~~~~~
This one was another request from AubreJackson
Thank you so much for reading!❤
Lemme know your thoughts!
Lots of love!
Isha♡
~~~~~♡~~~~~