♡Played|Part Five♡

Michael.

I was seated in the study room, listening as my manager, Frank, rambled on. Work was demanding, and I wanted nothing more than to rest. However, my job required me to ne selfless, and honestly - I wouldn't have had it any other way. The fans were everything, and I was grateful for all that I had.

I was especially grateful to have an amazing wife, (Y/N). She was beautiful, smart, and had an open mind. She truly was my dream woman. We had been together for three years, and every moment spent with her was precious.

Frank continued, talking about the tour dates as I glanced at my wrist watch - noting that the time was eleven in the morning. This meeting with Frank had lasted three hours.

I was beginning to feel uneasy, and all I wanted was to spend some time with my wife. I chewed on my bottom lip, staring at my manager blankly.

"Mike," he raised an eyebrow, making me shake my head slightly. "You weren't listening at all, were you?"

"I'm sorry," I giggled. "My mind is just...somewhere else, at the moment,"

Frank studied me for a long moment before shrugging.

"Fair enough. This meeting was quite long," he broke into a small grin as he stood up. "I'll see you tomorrow," he waved before making his way toward the study door. When he opened it, his eyes widened when he saw (Y/N). She was about to open the door and come in.

"Ah, (Y/N)," Frank smiled. "It's lovely to see you,"

"It's lovely to see you as well," she remarked as Frank stepped aside to let her in. "I was just about to inquire when the meeting would finish," she laughed a little.

"Well, you'll be pleased to know that we're done for the day," Frank responded, making his way out of the room. "Michael's all yours," he addressed my wife before walking out - shutting the door behind him.

"Hey," she grinned at me, walking over. "How was the meeting?"

I pulled her toward me, so that she was sitting on my lap. I studied her beautiful features, in complete awe of my wife. She was perfect.

"Long," I chuckled. "But you were on my mind the entire time," I winked, making her blush.

She was so adorable.

"Aw," she squealed a little. "You always know how to make me feel so special,"

"That's because you are," I responded.

"You flatter me too much," she giggled before gently running her hand through my curls. "Do you have any other plans for the day?" she raised an eyebrow.

"No," I shook my head. "Why?"

"Let's go out for lunch," she took her hand away from my hair. "We can get some fresh air,"

"That sounds wonderful," I frowned a little. "But the fans are going to recognize us,"

"Forget that," she quickly answered. "We'll hire a private room, and try our best to enjoy lunch like normal people," she studied my features. "Besides, the fans mean everything to you. It'd be nice of you to meet a few,"

I stayed silent, thinking about her idea. She did have a point, the fans really did mean everything to me.

"Okay," I nodded after a moment. "Let's do it,"

⊰•

Fifteen minutes had passed since (Y/N) agreed to go out for lunch. At present moment, I was seated at the edge of the bed that we shared together, watching as (Y/N) applied her makeup.

My wife was naturally gorgeous, and makeup simply enhanced that. Everywhere we went, people would stare at her. She was a literal angel, sent from the heavens.

Suddenly, an idea came to mind. I remembered how she had pranked me before, pretending that she was going to leave me. It had been two weeks since (Y/N) had done that - so the memory was still fresh in my mind.

This would be the perfect time for payback.

(Y/N) seemed to have finished applying her makeup, and she was now putting the items back into her cute cosmetic bag. Once she had zipped it closed, she left it on her dressing table before turning to face me.

"You're done?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yep," she smiled.

"You're not going to put on any makeup?" I questioned like a complete idiot.

"What?" she frowned. "I just finished putting it on,"

"Oh," I pretended not to notice. "So you're...going out like that?"

I felt so bad, but at the same time - I wanted to laugh. (Y/N) was smart, and it was only a matter of time before she realized that I was playing.

"Yes...?" she looked confused. "Why? Did I do something wrong on my face?"

"Uh...no...you just..." I trailed off. "You didn't seem to put on a lot of makeup today. Normally, you put on more,"

Real smooth, Mike. Real smooth. Please note the sarcasm.

"What?" she laughed a little. "Michael, I always wear this amount of makeup," she set her hands on her hips. "What are you on about?"

"No, I was just wondering," I sighed whilst standing up. "If you're okay to go out in public looking like that, then that's fine by me,"

Quickly, (Y/N) walked up to me and slapped me across the face - making me widen my eyes slightly.

"Why the hell do you have to be so rude?" her eyes began to tear up, and she turned around to walk away.

However, I grabbed her hand - pulling her close to me. I knew that my face was red from the force of her slap, but I didn't care.

"Baby, baby," I laughed as the tears streamed down her face. "Hey, it was just a prank, I'm sorry," I rubbed her back. "Please don't cry,"

She pulled away and hit my chest gently, shaking her head.

"You're such a jerk," she laughed a little through her tears. "Don't do that,"

"Listen," he looked into your eyes. "I was just playing. You're gorgeous, both with, and without makeup,"

(Y/N) stayed silent, blushing a bit.

"Are you mad at me?" I questioned.

"A little," she sniffed. "But I still want us to go out for lunch," she wiped her face with the back of her hand. "I'm hungry,"

I broke into a fit of laughter. My wife was the cutest creature on the face of the earth. I adored her, and nothing was going to change that.

"Let's go, then,"

~~~~~♡~~~~~
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha♡
~~~~~♡~~~~~