♡Significant|Part Three♡

You and Michael were seated in the kitchen, deep in conversation. Your eyes were sparkling, and you had to admit that you felt good. Despite the bad weather, you felt happy. The both of you were on opposite ends of the counter, and you were sipping soda from a small glass. Since Michael was a spirit, he didn't have anything to eat or drink.

"You know..." you trailed off. "The more I spend time with you, the more I get used to the idea of being with a spirit," you chuckled. "You...aren't as strange as I thought you to be,"

"I'll take that as a compliment," he grinned.

"I intended it to be one," you giggled. "You...seem really nice," you rolled your eyes slightly. "Although, I've been rude to you. I'm sorry,"

"Don't be," he chuckled. "It isn't easy to just...accept that a spirit has been sent to follow you around," he commented. "It was a lot for you to take in,"

"It was..." you laughed a little. "But I think I'm slowly getting used to the idea,"

"Really?" he raised an eyebrow, a wide smile on his face.

"Really," you nodded.

A moment passed before you took another sip from your glass of soda.

"So...tell me what it was like," you cleared your throat. "When you were alive, and when you were younger,"

Michael chuckled a little, keeping his eyes on you.

"What would you like to know?"

"Were you....really...lonely?" you questioned. "I mean....how exactly did you feel?"

"Yes, I was," he lowered his gaze. "I always felt like I was drowning, but everyone around me was breathing," he sighed. "It was horrible,"

"That's...how I feel too," you responded. "Most of the time,"

"I know that you're lonely," he said. "Your parents are hardly ever home,"

"That is...true," a small laugh escaped your lips. "Sometimes I wish I had friends to call over," you bit your lip. "But I don't have any friends. Most of the people that used to be my friends, ended up betraying me,"

"Well they're stupid," he narrowed his eyes. "Those people clearly don't know what good value is,"

"Thanks," you looked down at your glass. "That means a lot to me, it really does,"

"It's the truth,"

You opened your mouth to speak, but you heard the telephone ringing from the living room.

"Excuse me," you got off of the stool that you were seated on, rushing into the living room. You grabbed the telephone receiver and held it to your ear. "Hello?"

"Hi, is this (Y/N)?" a male voice greeted you.

"Yes," you frowned a little. "With whom am I speaking?"

"This is Mr. Jenkins,"

"Oh, hi," you said awkwardly.

"I've called to inform you that we won't be starting with tutoring next week. We'll be starting tomorrow,"

Aw man.

"Okay, noted. I'll be there," you breathed.

"Great, we start at nine. I'll see you there,"

"See you," you responded before setting the receiver down.

You looked up, and saw that Michael was staring at you. He had a small smile painted on his face, making you raise an eyebrow.