♡The Crash|Part Two♡

"What?" you felt your heart sink. You could not believe the words that you were hearing. Carol walked out of the kitchen, keeping her eyes on you.

"That's all I know for now. The plane crashed at sea, and there's a rescue team on their way to the crash site," Frank continued. "(Y/N), I have faith that everything will be alright,"

You let out a breath as your eyes began to tear up. Your heart was pounding, and you felt as if you were going to faint.

"T-Thank you," you whispered before the man disconnected the call.

"What happened?" Carol questioned, walking up to you.

"Oh, Carol," you sobbed, making her widen her eyes. She wrapped her arms around you, engaging you in a warm embrace.

"Honey, what happened?"

"M-Michael....h-his...plane...c-crashed," you managed. "A-And...a....r-rescue team is...o-on their way to the s-site,"

"Oh God," Carol rubbed your back, clearly as shocked as you. "Oh dear, it'll be alright, it'll be alright,"

⊰•

Several hours had passed, and you were seated in on the large bed that you shared with your husband. Tears were streaming down your face as you fiddled with your fingers. You hadn't heard for Frank for the longest time, and you were extremely worried about your husband.

What if he's dead? At this point, he probably is.

The thoughts ran through your mind, making you even more anxious. Your heart was racing, and you refused to rest. Carol had attempted to get you to calm down, and relax - but you were far too worried.

You needed your husband to be okay.

Suddenly, you heard the front doors open and close - followed by the sound of Edward's laughter, along with Jade. The kids were home.

You wiped away the tears from your face, using the back of your hand. A moment passed before you heard a knock at the bedroom door.

"Mom?" Edward called.

"Come in," you sniffed, trying your best to cover up the fact that you were crying.

The door opened, and Jade came running in, throwing her arms around you.

"Mom!" she exclaimed. "I missed you!"

"I missed you more," you laughed as Edward walked up to you.

"Jade cried today during lunch," Edward remarked. "Some girl named Cindy tried to bully her," he scoffed. "But I told her off,"

You broke into a wide grin. Your children were your everything. However, at this point - you weren't ready to reveal the news about their father, especially since nothing had been confirmed yet.

"Edward, Jade," you looked at your kids. "I need you to go and pack your bags, pack enough clothes for the night, you're going to spend the evening at Aunt Janet's house,"

"Mom? Is everything okay?" Jade frowned.

"Yes, honey," you kissed her forehead before standing up. "I just need to...sort a few things out,"

"Okay," Edward nodded. You could tell that he suspected thay something was wrong, but he obeyed without another word. "Come on," he pulled Jade's hand, leading her out of the room.

Once the kids had left, you took in a deep breath. You were going to have to maintain your composure until you got some more news on your husband.