♡A Little Too Much♡

~SET IN THE BAD ERA~

~~~~~♡~~~~~

You opened your eyes, letting out a groan as you did so. The first thing you noticed was the streams of sunlight, leaking through the beautifully designed window. Bringing your eyes to look at the small alarm clock that sat on your bedside table, you noted that it was nine in the morning.

You took in a deep breath, sitting up slowly. Turning your head, you frowned when you noticed that your husband, Michael, was nowhere to be seen. You ran your fingers through your hair, your wedding ring glistening extravagantly with your hand movements.

You got up from the bed, grabbing your silk night robe - slipping it on. A small frown formed on your face when you noticed that the bedroom door was open.

What the hell?

You cleared your throat, walking out of the bedroom - being sure to shut the door behind you. As you descended the staircase, you could hear laughing - from the kitchen. Your heart sank, and you felt yourself become troubled.

Not again.

For the past week, Mac and Janet had been staying over at Neverland. You didn't mind this, of course - but they were always messing around. Don't get the wrong idea, you loved having fun. However, lately, you reckoned that it was getting out of hand.

Michael would always be up before you, and he would often come to bed at odd hours of the morning.

It was getting slightly annoying.

Fiddling with your wedding ring, you walked into the kitchen - seeing the three aforementioned individuals. Michael and Mac were preparing buckets of water balloons, and Janet was cracking jokes. She was the first one to notice you, turning her head with a smile.

"(Y/N)!" Janet cheered. "You're up!"

Michael turned his head, a small grin forming on his face when he saw you.

"Morning!" Mac waved at you, continuing to prepare the water balloons. Michael took a glance at you before rejoining his friend.

"Morning," you mumbled, letting out a sigh. "Isn't it too early for water balloons?" you questioned.

"Oh, (Y/N), it is never too late for fun!" Janet clapped her hands together. "You should join us!"

"Uh...no thanks," you shook your head. "I...don't feel very well,"

Michael didn't seem to be phased, he was too busy with the water balloons. You stood there for a long moment before turning around and walking away.

I need a break from this.

⊰•

Two hours later, you were at your best friend, Luisa's, house. A part of you felt happy that you were away from Neverland, but a part of you also felt guilty. You didn't want to be the one to ruin the fun. You were seated in the living room, and Luisa was seated across from you.

"I mean..." she shrugged, trailing off. "I can understand where you're coming from," she bit her lip. "But maybe you should...talk to Michael about it,"

"I want to," you sighed. "But...I don't know how to bring it up. I don't want to disappoint him,"

"(Y/N)," she raised an eyebrow. "If you don't say anything to him, he'll never know what's bothering you,"

"But...what if..he gets mad?" you brought your fingers up to pinch the bridge of your nose. "I mean...he's so happy to have Janet and Mac around. He barely notices my presence," you laughed a little. "Maybe I'm the problem,"

"Girl, you are not the problem," Luisa raised an eyebrow. "The lack of communication is,"

"Agh," you leaned back against the sofa. "You're right," you mumbled. "But I need to figure out a way to bring it up," you sat up straight again.

"Just...figure it out when you're in front of him," she reassured you. "Don't overthink things,"

⊰•

After leaving Luisa's house, you made your way straight back to Neverland. When you had arrived, Michael, Mac, and Janet, were playing on the grounds. A small smile formed on your face when you saw how happy Michael looked. The day was sunny, but it was cold. Readjusting your handbag on your shoulder, you walked out onto the grounds, catching Mac's attention.

"(Y/N)!" he called. "Come and join us!"

"Uh..no, thanks!" you waved a little, feeling yourself become slightly annoyed.

Just as you turned to make your way into the mansion, you felt someone pull your arm back. Your eyes widened slightly when you turned around - seeing Michael. He was breathing heavily from all the running that he had been doing.

"(Y/N)," he whispered, trying to steady his breathing. "Is everything okay? Where were you?"

"I...was at Luisa's," you bit your lip gently.

"Are you feeling okay? You look...pale," he frowned a little.

You stared at your husband, not knowing what to do. You wanted to talk to him, but he looked far too happy - you didn't want to ruin his mood.

"I'm fine," you kissed his cheek. "Just go back and have fun," you nodded before turning around, and walking into the mansion.

Carol, the chief of staff at Neverland, was reorganizing the bookshelf when you walked in. Instantly, she noticed you - a small frown forming on her face when she realized that you looked troubled.

"(Y/N)?" she questioned, making her way up to you. "Is..everything okay?"

"I uh...I...well..." your words seemed to have come to a halt as you began to feel dizzy.

Suddenly, you fell weak - and everything went black.

~~~~~♡~~~~~
I know this one sucked😂
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha♡
~~~~~♡~~~~~