♡By Design♡

~SET IN THE BAD ERA~

×××××♡×××××

You awoke to the smell of bacon and eggs being fried in the kitchen. Your eyes opened, and you noticed that there were beams of sunlight, streaming through your bedroom window. Your eyes moved to look at the small clock that sat on the bedside table, and you realized that it was eight in the morning. You sat up and sighed, running your fingers through your hair as you did so.

You lived with your best friend, Luisa - so the sound of her cooking in the kitchen was nothing new. She had always been a better cook than you, and there was no denying that. You tossed the blankets aside, and got up from the bed. Despite the fact that the sun was shining outside, dark clouds could be seen in the distance, indicating that rain was imminent.

You slipped on your warm slippers before walking toward your bedroom door, opening it and walking out before pulling it shut. Your footsteps could be heard as you descended the staircase, making your way into the kitchen. Luisa had her back turned toward you, and you smiled when you saw her at the stove.

"Good morning," you spoke as you took a seat at the breakfast table. She turned around to look at you before directing her attention back to the stove.

"Well, good morning to you too," she laughed, turning the stove off. "You look good, this morning," she wiggled her eyebrows. "Are you excited for today?"

You worked as a graphics designer, and everyday was a good one for you. You loved what you did, and you wouldn't have traded it for anything in the world. Luisa served you a plate before setting it down in front of you.

"Thanks," you took the fork that she handed you, and tasted a little bit of the eggs that she had fried. "Mhm, this is delicious. Please teach me how to cook like you," you laughed.

"Hardy har har, they're just eggs," she rolled her eyes playfully.

"That taste good," you answered her back. "And yes, I'm looking forward to today. Hopefully it doesn't rain," you pouted slightly.

"Eh, it looks like it will," she served herself a plate before joining you at the table. She took a spoonful of bacon into her mouth, chewing it loudly - making you laugh a little. She was a character, and you loved her. She was the only person that you could trust.

"Mary asked me to be there at ten, this morning," you said, referring to your boss. Work, for you, usually started at eleven. "I hope everything's alright. I do not want to get fired,"

"You won't," Luisa raised her eyebrows. "You're clearly the best at what you do, and if she can't see that - then you're in the wrong place,"

"True," you blushed a little. "Thanks," you said, finishing off your breakfast before standing up and taking your dish to the sink. You washed your plate before placing it in the drying rack. With a deep breath, you turned around and smiled at your best friend.

"I should go and get ready, now," you giggled. "I don't want to be late,"

⊰•

Upon arriving at the building that you worked at, your hair was a mess - and your clothes seemed to fit a little more loosely on you. You had caught the bus, just as you always did - but today, the wind seemed strange. People stared at you a whole lot more, and you were feeling conscious. You walked into the building, and were greeted by the receptionist - Layla.

"Hi, (Y/N)!" she waved, a wide smile on her face. "You look pretty, this morning!" she remarked.

You walked over to her desk, and leaned your elbows on the hard wood. Layla was a pretty girl. She had light brown hair, and striking blue eyes. Her nose was a little big for her face, but it made her look adorable. She wore large glasses, and her lips were always painted a plum color. She seemed to enjoy wearing dresses that ended at her knee, and she was always very decently dressed.