♡How It Began♡

~SET IN THE JACKSON'S ERA~

×××××♡×××××

You awoke to the sound of your alarm clock, blaring loudly. You groaned and slammed your hand against the device - bringing all sounds to a stop. You opened your eyes slowly, and noted that the time was six in the morning. You sat up, and looked around the room - trying to get your thoughts in order. It was cold, and all you wanted to do was sleep. However, you could not do the aforementioned - because you worked as a nanny for a very rich family, known as the Dwyers. They had two beautiful children, a girl named Leah who was ten, and a boy named Vincent who was nine.

Just as you got up from your large bed, your heard your roommate and best friend, Luisa - bustling in the kitchen downstairs. You laughed to yourself. She always seemed to wake up before you.

You loved sleep. Sleep was the one thing that you loved more than anything in the world.

You slipped on your warm shoes before grabbing your cardigan that was laying on the floor. You threw it on, and walked toward your bedroom door - opening it and walking out.

"Luisa?" you called as you pulled the door shut.

"Finally! She's awake!" she exclaimed as you ran down the staircase.

You giggled and shook your head, waving her off nonchalantly. She was at the stove, frying eggs. You sat down at the breakfast table, resting your elbows atop the wooden piece of furniture. You sighed and lowered your head.

"It's so cold! I just want to sleep!" you groaned.

"You have a job," she turned around, folding her arms and staring at you. "I don't have one," she bit her lip. "I don't know whether I can keep paying my share of rent for this house,"

"I'll pay for it if you run out of money," you frowned. "The Dwyers pay me well,"

"I just hope that I can find a job soon," she turned around to watch the eggs as they cooked. "I can't keep staying home like this, and not doing anything," she scoffed a little. "And most companies don't want to hire me,"

"I'm sure something will come along soon," you said as she turned off the stove - using a spatula to transfer the eggs from the pan to a small plate. Once she was done, she turned off the stove and turned around, setting the plate down on the table.

"I really hope so," she looked troubled, making your heart sink. Luisa was like your sister, and you hated seeing her in distress.

"It'll be alright," you sighed before standing up. "Now, I'd better go and get ready," you rolled your eyes slightly. "The Dwyers expect me to be there by seven,"

"What?" she gawked. "Aren't you going to eat?"

"Nope," you made your way toward the staircase. "I'll eat later,"

"You're going too thin, (Y/N)," she remarked as you began to ascend the staircase. "You need to eat more!"

"Shut up!" you laughed. "I said I'd eat later!"

Luisa simply laughed, making you shake your head.

Hopefully today goes well.

⊰•

By the time you reached the Dwyer house, it was five minutes to seven. Anne and Mark, the parents, always left at seven - and you were always there to look after their children. You stood at the front door and rang the doorbell, waiting for a moment before it opened to reveal Leah. She had a bright smile on her face, and her smile became wider when she noticed that it was you.