♡The Article♡

~SET IN THE INVINCIBLE ERA~

~~~~~♡~~~~~

You groaned as you awoke to the sound of your alarm clock, ringing loudly. Sitting up, you slammed your hand over the device - bringing the sounds to a stop. You noted that the time was six in the morning, and that the skies were dark.

"Great," you mumbled, getting out of the bed. "Time for work," you sighed.

You worked for a media company, as a journalist - and that meant early mornings, and long hours. However, despite the fact that your job was very demanding - you loved what you did, and you loved it with a passion.

Making your way to the bathroom, you opened the door and turned on the light - walking in. You turned on the tap, and began to wash your face - in a bid to wake yourself up.

The night before, you had stayed up until three in the morning - meaning that you'd only had three hours of sleep.

Once you had washed your face, you turned off the tap - and stared at your reflection in the mirror. Your face was pale, and your eyes looked bigger than usual. You noticed that your frame had become a little thinner, making you roll your eyes.

Suddenly, you heard the telephone ringing. Since your flat was small, it didn't take you long to dash out of the bathroom, and make your way to the device - which was located on your bedside table.

"Hello?" you breathed after picking up the receiver.

"(Y/N)?" your workmate and good friend, Layla, greeted you. "Girl, are you coming in today?"

"I don't have a choice, do I?" you laughed. "But in all seriousness, I am coming in today. Why do you ask?"

"Ben told me that he has a client that he'd like to introduce you to," she responded, referring to your boss. "And he won't shut up about it,"

"Oh, really?" your eyes widened slightly. "I should hurry up then," you bit your lip. "Thanks for telling me, I'll see you when I get to work,"

With that, you disconnected the call, setting the receiver down.

"Ugh, I'd better get ready,"

⊰•

You rushed into the building, a panicked expression on your face. You were an hour late to work, because traffic had been crazy - and since you didn't have a car, you took the bus every morning.

And sometimes, the bus schedules really screwed you over.

"(Y/N)!" Layla ran up to you, pulling you in for a warm hug. "Ugh, I was starting to think that you weren't going to show up!" she smiled, pulling away from you.

"The bus scehdule did not work to my advantage this morning," you laughed a little. "Is..Ben in his office?" you frowned a little.

"Oh, yeah," Layla nodded. "In fact, he's waiting for you right now," she stood aside. "Good luck,"

"Thanks," you spoke before walking past her, making your way to Ben's office. As you walked, you noticed that many of your female co-workers were giving you bad looks. You were slightly confused when you saw this.

Eventually, you arrived at the door to Ben's office.

"Come in," you heard him say. Inhaling deeply, you opened the door - seeing your boss seated at his desk. "Ah, (Y/N)!" he broke into a smile when he saw you. "Come in!"