♡Field Of Work|Part Seven♡

Start from the beginning

After about an hour, the vehicle came to a stop - making the male driver turn to face you.

"Is this...your first time..in Switzerland?" he questioned.

"Yes," you smiled as Janet got out.

"You don't have to pay," he grinned. "Consider it a welcome gift from me," he waved before starting the car, and driving off.

You turned around to face the building that you were standing in front of. The whole property seemed so peaceful. With tear filled eyes, Janet pulled your hand - leading you up to the main door. There was a doorbell located next to it, so you pressed the button gently.

Immediately, a woman opened the door. She had a small smile on her face, and her blonde hair was fastened into a neat bun. She had electric blue eyes, and thin lips.

"Is he here?" Janet stared at the woman. "My brother...Michael..." she tried to stop herself from crying. "Is he here?"

The woman's face fell slightly as she nodded. "He...he's inside," she bit her lip. "The....drugs have already taken effect," she lowered her gaze. "He died an hour ago,"

Janet gasped as she broke into tears. She fell to her knees as the blonde woman reached out to help her.

"I'm so sorry," the woman shook her head as she looked at you.

You felt like you couldn't breathe. You felt as if the world had stopped spinning. Michael, the man you loved - was dead.

The blonde woman hugged Janet, rubbing her back. Slowly, Michael's sister got to her feet, the tears continuing to stream down her face.

"My name is Leah," the woman shook her head slightly. "Please, come inside," he stood aside to let you in. You turned to look at Janet, but she shook her head.

"I'm not going inside," she sniffled. "I can't..." she tried her best to maintain her composure. "You...you go...I'll...wait out here,"

"I'll ask someone to come and sit with you outside," Leah addressed Janet before beckoning you to follow her in. The building layout was very similar to that of a beautiful house. There was a man standing in the living room, reorganizing the books on a large bookshelf.

"Ralph," Leah called, making the man turn around. He looked to be in his early fifties, and he was quite handsome. "There is a young lady outside that could use your help," she sighed. "She's Michael's sister,"

Ralph nodded and walked past the two of you, making his way to the door. Leah led you to a small bedroom, opening the door to let you inside. You walked in, and you saw Michael's lifeless body - laying on the bed. His lips were blue, and his face was incredibly pale.

You broke into violent sobs when you saw this, falling to your knees. Leah rubbed your back gently as you broke down. She walked into the room, grabbing a small envelope that was located on the small bedside table - handing it to you.

"He asked me to give this to (Y/N)," she breathed.

"That's...me," you sniffled, shaking your head.

You took the envelope from Leah before she made her way out of the room. "I'll give you some space," she whispered before closing the door behind her.

You ripped open the envelope, pulling out a neatly folded piece of paper. With a sad sigh, you unfolded the paper before reading what was written. It was a letter from Michael.

Dear (Y/N),

If you have received this letter, then I am already gone. There are a few things that I wanted to tell you, but I knew that you would get emotional - and not let me finish. (Y/N), I love you, I always have. You taught me new things, and helped me see the world differently. You changed me, and for that - I will be eternally grateful. I'm sorry that I couldn't stay on, but that doesn't mean that you should stop living.

If you get in touch with my manager, Frank - he will give you access to a bank account that has enough money for you to start a new life. You'll never have to work again - use the funds to discover new things.

Just live, (Y/N).

Just live.

All my love,
Michael.

~~~~~♡~~~~~
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha♡
~~~~~♡~~~~~