Alive ("Dead" Part 2)

^^Don't judge a song by its album cover. Part two requested by bug_he_ad Enjoy!

Betty's POV

"Let's run away," he said suddenly with our lips barely apart. "W-What?" I stuttered. "We can leave, Betty. There's a place in Greendale I was checking out. There's more than enough room for you and I. Maybe we can...s-start a family like you always wanted to."

"Juggie, what about Riverdale? Archie, Veronica? My family, your family?" I asked, not unwilling, just scared. "My dad is the one who found the place. He talked to your mom already, she complied," He paused, taking my face in his palms and wiping my tears away.

"You don't have to come with me, Betts, but I need to leave Riverdale. Between the Ghoulies and the Serpents, it's too dangerous. It would everything a hell of a lot easier if you came with. I couldn't...I couldn't live without you, Betty Cooper."

"I'll go, Jug. I'll come with you and start a new life. But I need you to look me in the eyes right now and tell me I will never have to live without you," I replied. "You will never have to live without me," he repeated to me. He looked me in the eyes and locked his pinky with mine.

"I promise, baby."

I stared for a minute before just pulling me into me again and connecting our lips. "I love you so much, Juggie. And I'm so glad you're..." I paused, my hand pressing against his chest. I could feel his heart beating.

"...Alive."