Ugly

4x15 made me feel feelings. Enjoy!

Song Credit: "Orange Juice" by Melanie Martinez

Betty walked into the room sobbing, her sleeve-covered wrist beneath her nose and she cried into the cotton softly. "Hey, hey, what happened? What's going on?" Jughead asked softly, standing up from the desk in the Blue & Gold Room.

He grabbed her hand gently only to feel Betty walk into his chest, wrapping her arms around his waist tightly as she sniffled into his chest. Jughead froze at first before wrapping his arms around the blonde's figure.

"Tell me it isn't true. Tell me what she said isn't true," Betty whispered before closing her eyes, tears slipping past her lashes. "What is it?" he asked softly, his cheek laying against the top of her head as her hands held the fabric of his jacket in her fists.

Betty pulled away slightly, looking up at Jughead with beady eyes and saying, "She called me ugly. She said I was ugly." "Oh, sweetheart," he sighed softly, a gentle hand on her shoulder as he offered a small smile. "Girls get called ugly all the time but that doesn't make it true."

"Okay, but I can't handle it like other girls can, okay? I can't just brush it off and remind myself that I'm not because I don't know! I've never had to think of myself as pretty or ugly, but now I do and I don't know what to think," Betty cried, bringing her hand to her top lip.

"And she doesn't even know me. She just saw me and decided I was ugly. As if my personality or accomplishments or weaknesses don't even matter because how I look is the only valid thing about me," she rambled.

"Okay, okay, breathe. Breathe, baby," Jughead said softly, inhaling slowly with the blonde before exhaling. "First of all, you certainly are not ugly. You are beautiful both inside and out," he said softly, leading Betty to the desk chair for her to sit down before seating himself on the desk.

"Second of all, if this person doesn't know you, let them stay that way. Don't give a stranger so much of your energy. Those tears were meant to be shed happily, don't waste them on someone who won't remember your name in five days."

"Easier said than done," Betty remarked with a sniffle, looking to her left. "I know it is, but just think of it like this; today, it hurts. Tomorrow, it'll hurt less. And guess what? The day after that, it'll hurt even less. You're allowed to be upset, just don't let it ruin your happiness."

"Okay?" Jughead asked with a raised eyebrow and smile, his hand gently on Betty's cheek. "Right now, it hurts," she replied with a dull expression. "I'll get back to you tomorrow."