Serious ("Daddy" Part 2)

Part two requested by FABUNITATO1987

This little game of theirs lasted about a week before it got deeper. There they were, alone in Betty's bedroom with Alice in San Francisco to visit Polly and the twins. Betty had invited him over so she wouldn't have to be alone, and he obliged.

Betty's head laid on his chest while his hand brushed through her hair, gently coaxing the tired blonde. She relaxed in his embrace her mind slowly started to slip into a different headspace. Without thinking, Betty yawned, letting out a gentle, "Daddy," before closing her eyes.

Once she realized it, though, her eyes shot open and she sat up, beginning to ramble apologies. "I'm sorry, it just slipped out," she apologized, looking like she was about to cry.

"Hey, it's okay," Jughead coaxed in a soft voice, putting a hand on her shoulder and pulling a her in for a kiss. "You don't have to apologize," he whispered, kissing her jawline, leading a smile to form on the blonde's lips

---

The next morning, Betty woke up, head in the crook of Jughead's neck, his protective arms around her, and the sentiment made her smile.

Looking up to see her boyfriend still asleep, she nuzzled into his chest and smiled, although the anxiety of Jughead's possible morning-after regret regarding a certain five-letter nickname that had been said various times the previous evening was evident in Betty's bloodstream.

"Tired, babygirl?" Jughead asked with a slight chuckle, looking down and seeing his girl,eyes closed and lips curled into a smile. She nodded before her eyes opened and her smile faded. "Jug, about last night," she began to say nervously. "What's wrong? You seem nervous," Jughead asked concernedly, pulling Betty closer.

"It's just...do you mind if we just...tuck it under the rug?" She asked. "Why? Was it not good for you, or--" "No, it was, it really, really was. It's just...I called you 'Daddy.' And not as a joke this time," Betty interrupted.

"Did you not mean to? Was it just a rambling-thing?" Jughead asked, searching for clarification. "No, Jug, that's the thing. I did mean it." "And that's a bad thing?" Jughead chuckled.

"I just thought you might think it's wierd or uncomfortable." "Betty, I meant what I said.You don;'t have to apologize," Jughead replied, placing a gentle kiss on the blonde's forehead.

"And I don't mind you using it with all jokes aside either," he whispered, leading a giggle to slip through Betty's lips.

---

"Daddy, could you pass me the ketchup, please? Betty asked, sitting in Pop's with Jughead and Veronica. "Of course, princess," Jug responded, passing the red bottle over to his girlfriend.

Once Jughead's phone started ringing, he excused himself from the booth and stepped outside, answering the phone after hearing the doorbell chime.

"B, I swear this little game of yours has been going on for, like, a week," Veronica laughed . "Yeah, only it's not a joke anymore," Betty replied as Veronica's laughter died down.

"Wait, Betty, are you serious?" she asked, the same expression from when she initially found out about the joke on her face. "Oh, yeah," Betty paused, seeing Jughead walk in again and forming a smile.

"I'm serious."