Scandal

TW: leaked nudes, mention of child pornography

Kinda NSFW

Betty Cooper's reputation was flawless. As a student, she was a straight-A overachiever, as a cheerleader, she was a committed team player, and as a girlfriend, she was a loving and beautiful dream come true. And then the scandal broke out.

"Did you guys see what someone sent out?" asked Archie as he approached Veronica, Kevin, and Jughead, who were all in staring at their phones in disbelieving shock. "Duh! Everyone has," Veronica replied. "We can't let Betty see it," Jughead said, looking up to scan the hallway for the blonde, who'd just gained the worst kind of attention. 

"Are you insane? She needs to know what this person did," Kevin refuted. "Guys, she's coming over here," Archie said as all eyes turned to Betty as she walked down the middle of the hallway, getting pointed at and catcalled.

"Guys, what's going on? Why is everyone being all weird around me?" she asked out of confusion. "Betty., there's something we need to show you," Veronica said, nudging Kevin, who sighed as he turned his phone to Betty. 

On his screen, there was a picture of Betty in the nude, sitting on her bed and holding her phone up to take the picture. Behind her in the photo was her mirror, which showed the reflection of her bare back and the blonde ponytail she's known for

"What the hell?" she asked, tearing up as she took his phone in her hands. "That's...that's not even me. Where did everyone get this?" "We don't know. Someone anonymously sent it out to all the students here," Archie answered, a supportive hand on her shoulder.

"You guys don't really think it's me, do you?" Betty asked, now sobbing. "Of course. We know you, and you wouldn't do something like this. With technology these days, people can fake almost anything they want to.

"Betty Cooper, please report to the Principal's Office. Betty Cooper to the Principal's Office. Thank you," Weatherbee announced over the intercom. "Do you want me to go with you, Betts?" offered Jughead as he wrapped his arms around her. 

Betty wiped away her tears and replied, "No, I got it," before walking off to the office, getting catcalled and ridiculed once more.

"What a slut!"

"So that's what she was hiding under all those sweaters."

"Prissy prude by day, freak in the sheets by night."

"Damn, and you thought she was a virgin."

"Think she's DTF?"

"Thank you, Internet."

"Miss Cooper, Principal Weatherbee would like to see you," said Ms. Bell at the front counter. "Okay, thank you," Betty replied, faking a smile before walking into Weatherbee's office. "Miss Cooper, I've called you down here because I've been hearing of a lewd image of you that's been shared on campus."

"About that, Principal Weatherbee. The photo was edited; that's not me," she replied, taking a seat. "Well, edited or not, the school board has ruled that you'll be given the choice between a two-week suspension or contacting the police on grounds of distribution of child pornography," Weatherbee replied. 

"But I--" "Make your choice, Miss Cooper." With a sigh and the release of a tear, Betty replied, "I'll take the suspension. In one single school day, Betty's reputation had gone from Betty the Perfect Girl Next Door to Betty the Slut, and all because of something she never did.

---

Two days into her suspension and rumors were abuzz among the students at Riverdale High. Alice didn't believe Betty, no matter how hard she tried to convince her mother. "Mom, I'm telling you, someone edited my face onto that picture!" "It was taken in your room, Elizabeth. Who else could that picture be of?" Alice refuted. "This whole process would be a lot easier on you if you would just come clean and be honest about it," she said before walking out.