Broken

Btw, this will be a miniseries

TW: attempted suicide, mentions of medication, self harm

Jughead's POV

"Betty? I called, climbing in through her window and seeing my girlfriend laying across her bed, arm over the side.

I went to move her so she wouldn't fall off but accidentally kicked something on my way over. I looked down to see an empty pill bottle right below Betty's hand.

She just got her perscription filled last week and it was supposed to last for a month.

"Betty? Betts!" I yelled, shaking her rapidly. "Wake up, baby girl."

I didn't want to do it, but if made her wake up, I had to. I pulled my hand back and slapped her hard.

She groaned lightly but didn't move. I wasn't even sure if she was breathing. "No. Don't you die! Don't you die on me, Betty!" I yelled, picking her up and bringing her into the bathroom.

I leaned her over the bathtub and put two fingers down her throat. I had to get those pills out of her one way or another.

I finally pulled her gag reflex and she started crying. At least she was alive. I pressed her into my chest as she sobbed. "Why would you do that? Why would you do that!" She sobbed.

"It's okay, it's okay," I whispered, wrapping my arms around her. "It's not okay! It's not! I was finally going to be happy! I was gonna get free!" She cried. "I don't wanna be here anymore. I don't want to do this! I was finally gonna die and you ruined it!"

And then she said something she's never said before. Something that broke my heart. "I hate you!"

"Y-you...what?" I cried. Betty looked at me for a second before hiding her face in my chest.

"I c-can't hate you," she said before she fell apart. Betts hid her head in my chest and started to hyperventilate, while all I could do was sit there and hold her.

"Ineedtodie," she mumbled. "What did you say, baby girl?" I asked gently, rubbing her back. "I need to die! I can't be here anymore! I hate it! I hate myself! I hate my life! I want to die!" She yelled, tear-stained and hurt.

What hurt even more than the love of my life admitting the fact she wanted to commit suicide was that I knew exactly how she felt. I'd been broken for as long as I could remember.

I'm a month and a half clean of cutting but it's only been two weeks since my last suicide attempt. It's only been two minutes since Betty's.

"I wish I could've died. I wish you didn't come here. I wish I was gone," she sighed. "I know, Betty. Life fucking sucks," I replied.

"But you know what? You are the only thing that keeps me going, Elizabeth Cooper. Not my dad, not Archie, not Veronica, not even myself. Just you."

"You're the only one who stops me from slitting my wrists. And if not for you, I would've OD'd on my meds. I fucking love you, Jughead," she replied.

I sighed and kissed the top of her head. "But other than you, I have nothing to live for. Not a single thing."

"Me neither."

I just made a Riverdale Instagram account, so please go check it out @ bugheadsbeanie.bb

I post daily content (AUs, lyric sets; you get the gist), so please check it out! That's all, I hope you have a great day/night!