Damn It, Veronica!

Ironic that I was watching The New Romantic (for the third time) before I started writing this. Also, as I'm at 804 words, I'm starting to realize how much Jughead is acting like Chandler Bing from Friends in this. Enjoy!

Song Credit: "Hold Tight" by Sabrina Carpenter & uhmeer

NFSW

Veronica Lodge was Betty and Jughead's official human sexual buzzkill. Ever since the two girls decided to share an apartment during their college years, Veronica found the worst times to pop in, especially when Jughead was over.

"I don't know...how much time...we have before...V comes in," Betty gasped between sloppy heated kisses as the two stumbled into her bedroom and closed the door. "Better make the most of our time then," Jughead replied slyly, holding Betty's legs to his side as he picked her up and sat on the edge of her bed.

Betty pushed him back onto the mattress, moving her hair out of the way and leaning forward, but only to be brought my a halt by the sound of the front door opening and the words, "B! I'm back!" in an all-too-familiar voice. 

She quickly unstraddled him and said, "Okay, quick, you hide in the closet," to which Jughead obliged. As soon as Betty's closet door was shut, her bedroom one was opened to her surprise. "Betty, are you," Veronica paused taking note of the fact that the blonde was only in her sangria bra and underwear. 

"Is there a particular reason you're half-naked, or...?" she asked with a furrowed brow. "Oh, yeah, I'm just, um...I'm just changing," Betty stuttered, finding a quick excuse. "But you're closet's shut," noted Veronica as she went to open it.

She quickly pushed her roommate's hands away and said, "You know what, I was actually thinking of just putting on some pajamas, that are, you know...located in my vanity," Betty said nervously. "What about our party in an hour and a half?" Veronica asked.

"That's tonight?" B asked with eyes wide. "Yeah, we still need to go grab some snacks, so clothes, preferably now," V replied, pointing to Betty's closet. "Why don't you go get the snacks and I'll stay back to get the apartment ready?"

"Okay, but I'm taking your car," she replied before walking out and shutting the door behind her. Betty walked over to her closet, opening it to let her boyfriend out. "So, where were we?" Jughead asked with a smirk, hungrily reconnecting his lips with hers.

Before long, Betty's door was open again as Veronica came in asking, "Why is Jug's motorcycle in the garage?" before looking up and seeing the two intertwined in nothing but their undergarments. 

"How many times do I have to tell you, B? You are not allowed to use Jughead as clothing!" She asked before storming out. "Oops?" Betty said, feeling slightly guilty for not feeling guilty. "You know, I really don't appreciate the fact that another person has seen my girlfriend in that kinda manner," he joked with a grin as Betty scoffed and put her dress over her head.

"Oh, please. Who do you think was my first kiss?" She laughed before realizing what she had said. Betty turned to see a displeased look on Jughead's face as he pointed to the door and asked, "Fucking Veronica?" "Sorry?" Betty cringed, not knowing what to say. 

"Fucking Veronica?" he repeated and Betty nodded in response. "Fucking Veronica?" "Oh my gosh, yes, now can you please stop talking about 'fucking Veronica'?" Betty groaned before noticing the possible context of her words.

"That's not what I meant--" "You fucked Veronica?" "Okay, I'm done!" she exclaimed before walking into the bathroom for her hair and makeup.

---

Not too many people had shown up to the party, but it wasn't at all a bad turn out. Betty was at the kitchen bar when she felt hands on her waist from behind, turning to see it was simply Jughead. "Ooh, babe, don't let Ronnie see us," she warned, turning around fully to face him. 

"She won't have to if we sneak out. Go somewhere quiet and private. Say, my place or...Sweetwater River?" he proposed, whispering his second suggestion in Betty's ear to give her chills. 

Betty nodded erratically, remembering how amazing it was the last time they had made love there at night. The two slipped out through the crowd, but when they got to the front door, low and behold, Veronica Lodge was offering her specialty romance-killing services. 

"Where are you two sneaking off to?" she asked with a drink in her hand and suspicion in her expression. "We're low on chips, we were gonna go restock," Jughead said, trying to open the door, which was slammed shut by Veronica leaning against it.

"Oh, don't bother. I just sent Kevin out for some," she replied. "Oh," Betty said in disappointment before walking away, tugging Jughead behind her who stayed to ask, "What do you have against me trying to fuck my girlfriend?" and not being able to receive an answer before Betty yanked him into the kitchen.

"Let's just sneak to my room, okay? I'll lock the door and no one will bother us," she suggested, her hands on his shoulders as his rested at her hips. "Your door has a lock?" he asked, surprised. "And we haven't used it?" "Hey, do you wanna debate the logic of our actions or do you wanna get laid?" "Laid, I'm gonna go with laid," Jughead replied, nodding as Betty led him to her room.

Opening the door, the couple was surprised to see a passed out Cheryl underneath Betty's covers and Toni sitting at the edge of her bed. "Uh, Toni, is everything okay?" Betty asked, stepping in slowly. 

"Cheryl's out cold," she replied. "Do you mind if she just stays in here for a few hours, just until she wakes up or things settle down?" Toni asked. Stuttering, the blonde replied, "Uh, yeah... that's, um...that's fine," before the two walked out.

---

After the party was over and the empty red Solo cups were picked up, Betty and Veronica were both exhausted to the point where neither of them could take another step in their heels without face-planting. 

"You gonna be okay riding home," Betty asked tiredly as Jughead tucked her in. "I'll be fine, Betts. I'll text you when I get back to the apartment," Jughead replied as Betty sat up for her kiss goodnight. 

And of course, right when their lips latched, in walked Veronica. As the couple departed and faced their interruption, they both had the same reaction: "Damn it, Veronica!"