Tired

I'M NOT DEAD!!! i know it's been almost two months, but i'm here! also, allow me to self-promo my newly-made edit account on instagram (@ v0iddreams), where i edit shows and movies. btw, my main IG is in the link on my acc. ALSO, today is the three-year anniversary of this story 🥺 enjoy! :)

Song Credit: "Prayer" by Mad

{TW: symptoms of mental illness.}

Another day. Even though they all blended together for Betty, it was just. another. day. Getting out of bed took nearly all the energy she had and showering wasn't even an option for the worn blonde. Simply put, she was 'just tired.'

That was the go-to: "How are you," "Just tired." "You coming out tonight?" "Nah, I'm kinda tired." It wasn't a lie-- it just wasn't the full truth. Tired meant every move took a draining amount of energy. Tired meant projects would go unfinished and her room was a mess. But no one seemed to know that definition.

"byouokay?" Betty heard indistinctly as she sat at the outside lunch table with her friends. "B, you okay?" Veronica repeated before the french fry between her hand fell past her lips. The blonde snapped out of her haze and apologized for her lack of attention, shaking her head slightly.

"Yeah, I'm...I'm just tired," she sighed before laying her head on her arm, hearing the responses of her friends and feeling an overwhelming sense of invalidation. "Ugh, me too, I was staying up practically all night working on the gossip column for the Blue & Gold, which," Kevin interrupted himself. "I should have to you by Thursday," he finished, looking at Betty who only nodded.

"I got, like, five hours last night. I swear, I couldn't even function this morning," Veronica pouted in response while Betty rolled her eyes subtly. Just like before, that was not her definition of tired, but nobody ever understood that.

Telling someone she was tired always came with different versions of the same comments. "

Why don't you take a nap?" 

"Maybe try going to bed earlier." 

"Ugh, me too."

'Nobody ever seemed to understand,' was the thought on the Cooper girl's mind as she made her way to the Blue & Gold room, dazed. She pushed open the door, the sounds of restless fingers punching typewriter keys greeting her upon entry before she could feel a gaze on her.

"Hey, you," Jughead said with a slight smile, his eyes following Betty as she dropped her backpack on the floor and leaned against the short rows of cubbies lining the wall. "What's wrong? He asked, his smile dropping and eyes slightly widening. 

"I'm tired," Betty replied, nearly in a whisper while looking at the ground. Her tone warranted Jughead to get up from his desk chair and walk over to the blonde, wrapping his arms around her frame and gently turning her right side to lay against his chest.

I know. I know you are, baby," he mumbled against the top of her head. Finally, someone understood.