Rage

TW: anger issues

Controlling her anger had always been hard for Betty. Her mind had a tendency to turn the world against her, making her snap at even the smallest inconveniences.

"Elizabeth, do you want some corn?" Alice asked, passing the bowl to her daughter before Betty looked up with a simple, "No," before going back to poking her food with her fork. " "What's wrong?" Alice asked, setting the bowl of corn on the table.

"What? Just because I don't want corn, that means something's wrong?" Betty asked angrily, her hands forming fists on the side of her plate. "Elizabeth, I don't appreciate that tone," Alice said, giving her daughter a stern look.

"So? I don't appreciate yours?" Betty replied, about ready to punch something. "Why do you always have to do this, Elizabeth? Why can't we just have one nice family dinner without worrying if you're gonna flip the table?"

"Fuck you, Alice!" Betty yelled before getting up from the table, throwing her glass plate into the kitchen cabinets, leaving a shattered mess of food and glass on the floor and counter. "Elizabeth!" Alice gasped as she watched Betty walk out of the kitchen and ultimately out of the house.

She slammed the front door as she walked out, the cold night leaving goosebumps on the blonde's skin as she walked to the Jones's trailer on the Southside.

Betty could feel her heartstrings snapping and tears pulling at her eyes, but she wouldn't let herself cry. Something about crying made her feel vulnerable, and she would not allow herself to be vulnerable.

Knocks on the metal door were almost immediately answered; Jughead looking at his blonde with a sad look on his face, stepping back to let her in. Immediately, Betty wrapped her arms around the back of his neck and sobbed into his chest, hands fisting the fabric of his T-shirt while he hugged her softly.

"Are you okay, baby?" Talk to me," Jughead said in a calm voice, feeling Betty leave from his chest and look up with teary eyes and smeared mascara.  "I threw a plate," she sniffled softly. "Jug, it's getting worse." "I'm sorry, Betts. I'm so sorry," Jughead replied, his arms pulling her in, only to have the blonde push against his chest and mumble, "No."

"We can't...I don't--I don't know how much longer it is until I lash out at you," Betty cried. "I don't wanna let that happen." "Betts, it won't. I promise you, we'll work through it, okay?" Jughead eased, tears coming to his eyes at the thought of losing his Betts.

"Please, baby," he urged, kneeling in front of Betty, his hands around her waist. "I don't wanna hurt you, Jug," Betty cried, her hand laying on top of his hair. "We just need to talk to each other, okay? It doesn't matter how much you can handle or how short your fuse is. I'm not gonna lose you because of a broken plate," Jughead eased with a small chuckle.

"Okay," Betty said shakily. "I trust you," she added as Jughead stood to face her. "And no matter what, I trust you," he replied, his hands on the side of his face. Betty nodded with her eyes down before bringing her gaze to meet his, being greeted with a kiss.