Desire

This is what my mind does when I'm trying to sleep. Enjoy!

NSFW

It's been a week. I can't focus in class or during dinner with my parents. All I can focus on is that need. The gnawing, painful need for something that I wasn't quite sure what. Something vulgar, obviously, but I didn't know anything in that realm.

Betty closed her notebook and put it back in her locker, just as Jughead Jones began approaching her. The two used to be friends in their youth and she'd always deemed him attractive, but as time went on, they grew apart.

"Betty Cooper," Jughead smirked slyly, looking the blonde up and down as he leaned against the locker next to hers. "Jughead Jones," Betty returned, turning to face the boy in his blue denim jacket, her tone less casual than his.

"Do you need anything?" she asked, grabbing a few materials from her locker. "Your pal Archie left this in the locker room and I don't know where to find him, so I figured maybe you could give it to him," he said, handing Betty her friend's phone. 

"Yeah, sure," Betty replied, putting Archie's phone in her pocket before turning back to her locker, noticing that Jughead was still standing beside her locker. She didn't pay any attention, really, until she saw him there a few moments later.

Betty turned her head and looked at him, relieved that he was on his phone and not just staring her down. Soon, the bell rang and she yanked out her textbook, slamming her locker afterward. Betty hadn't noticed that when she pulled out her book, it knocked her journal out, landing on its spine on the floor and opening.

As Jughead leaned down to pick the journal up, the words on its pages registered in his head even though he had no intention of snooping.

"All I can focus on is that need. The gnawing, painful need for something that I wasn't quite sure what."

And then, the following sentence caught his eye.

"Something vulgar, obviously."

He closed the small notebook before tucking it away in his bag, heading off to class.

---

"Cooper," Jughead called quietly, grabbing the blonde's arm gently as she walked out of her class. "You almost gave me a heart attack," Betty whisper-yelled with wide eyes.

"Okay, listen, something fell out of your locker when you left after the bell earlier." Betty scoffed before her eyes went wide again and she realized what he meant. "Did you read it?" she asked in another whisper-yelled tone. "It fell onto the floor and opened; I saw some of it," Jughead admitted.

A red blush made its way to Betty's cheeks as she mumbled profanities to herself, replying, "I'm so sorry. Just...please, please don't tell anyone." "Don't worry, Cooper, your secret's safe with me," he chuckled in response, getting the small notebook out from his bag.

"And I don't mean to make things awkward, but it seems like that whole...situation is pretty frustrating for you." Betty raised an eyebrow as she took the book in her hands, looking up with a simple, drawn-out, "Yeah," before tucking it into her backpack.

"Just..." Jughead paused, closing his eyes with a small sigh. "Let me know if I can help with that," he said before walking away, leaving Betty stuttering to herself in the hallway.

---

That night, Betty made herself comfortable in a booth at Pop's, her textbooks and homework laid out across the table as she tried her best to concentrate. It seemed almost impossible with her mind constantly sidetracking to her hidden desires. Then suddenly somebody, in particular, came into her head.